Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Finally went out and bought a "new" used car Sat. and today the sucker's dead. The thing has more bells and whistles than I know what to do with (fully loaded limited edition) and it seems the battery is dead. Don't even know what I could have done as the thing didn't have it's "smart" key even in it. My 3 yr old is crying because we had to cancel a playdate w/ his new friend and I already gave my bro the old car (which happens to have my jumper cables) since we have a nice new car. Now I'm stuck w/ a whiny kid hoping that it's only a jump that's needed. Figures - the check cleared for the car yesterday and today it's dead.
    Its either battery or alternator. Did it crank over?
    Georgette

Comment

• In good news, the coffee goods arrived with another supply of coffee and all is right with the world. The apocalypse is now over, for now.
      Georgette

Comment

• GotD: I've been away from the forum for about 5 day and there are interesting threads, but I don't have time to read all 17 or whatever number of pages these interesting threads have. However, I do have coffee....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
          GotD: I've been away from the forum for about 5 day and there are interesting threads, but I don't have time to read all 17 or whatever number of pages these interesting threads have. However, I do have coffee....
          You should share your coffee with those that don't have any. It is the right thing to do
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
            You should share your coffee with those that don't have any. It is the right thing to do
            I am always happy to share a pot or a handful of beans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
              I am always happy to share a pot or a handful of beans.
              I would say you should share with Canio6 as I think he is truly lacking in proper caffination, however you're in DE and he's in AZ. We'd have to find a way to teleport said coffee to him and I don't think that technology is available yet.
              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                I would say you should share with Canio6 as I think he is truly lacking in proper caffination, however you're in DE and he's in AZ. We'd have to find a way to teleport said coffee to him and I don't think that technology is available yet.
                Probably easier for me just to go to the store

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Probably easier for me just to go to the store
                  That and your nearest drive through for a quick pick me up.
                  Georgette

Comment

• loser players who then go on to say they did nothing wrong.....good morals jerkoff....good luck in the future with that.....seriously how do some people even sleep at night or look in the mirror.
                    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

• Originally posted by karatepig View Post
                      Yea, and do you realize how many times my family has narrowly avoided losing power, water, or even their home, because I spoke to a person with such a sign on their door? If it weren't for "solicitors" our society would be quite different. I am not disrespecting your home. If you don't know who I am, how do you know you don't want to talk to me? Many people are outright happy when they open their door, because they need my services.
                      I DO know who you are. You are a salesman trying to pitch me to buy whatever you're selling, and I don't want to talk to you.

I have access to the internet and a car. I am perfectly capable of finding and obtaining whatever I need or want. I don't need you to tell me what I need or want.

My sign says in no uncertain terms: "NO soliciting, that means NO salesmen and we're not hiring. If we want product or service, we'll call you."

If you don't have the mental capability to know what that means, then you should not be out in public unsupervised. Or you're just an inconsiderate jack@$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by karatepig View Post
                        I am sick and tired of people being afraid to answer the door. I often go door-to-door helping my father promote his carpet cleaning business, and it drives me nuts whenever people peeek out from behind their curtains, nervously say they don't answer the door for strangers, or lock their door, then pretend they are not home (as if I didn't hear the deadbolt slide). And it is never the kids! They just open the door, then get their parents. Noooo, it is the FULLY GROWN ADULTS, including six foot tall MEN who seem scared shitless. Who do they think they are, some important person that might be kidnapped and held for ransom? And how many crazed murderers waltz into a residential neighborhood, guns-a-blazing, in the middle of the freaking day, with a stack of several hundred fliers bearing their name and telephone number on them!?
                        I am sick and tired of people assuming that I am required to answer my door, let them in my house, and take up my valuable time listening to their sales pitch.

And it's never kids! Noooo, it's the FULLY GROWN ADULTS, including six foot tall MEN who don't have the mental capability to understand what "I'm not interested" means. Who do they think they are, some important person that I am obligated to?

I don't live in a cave. I know carpet cleaning businesses exist. If I want my carpet cleaned, I'll find one.

Comment

• Don't tell me we are back to this subject again. Can't we let this one die and just move on??
                          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• GotD completely unrelated to door-to-door salespeople and/or coffee: Last night I had some cherries, and this morning my digestive tract told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to ingest that much fructose ever again. I love cherries, but the twenty minutes of horrible stabbing pain was not worth it. I don't even want to know what it would do if I ate processed sugar.

Comment

• My SO is going through a phase of thinking we are in the military.
                              In boot camp, I expected to have people saying "Jump" and responding with "Yessir, how high, sir?"
                              But that was many years ago, and I see no gold on his collar.
                              I hope this phase passes soon. It's getting old.
                              "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                              "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                              "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

• how did I miss this thread? Like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X