No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang we're having a really good thunderstorm and the power is still on.

Comment

• .... arrived a butt mind of hair ....

best evar.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
        .... arrived a butt mind of hair ....

best evar.
        I kind of like.....I would have just clocked out and gone residence using the day

Comment

• At first I thought that post made sense. Then I thought "what the hell is wrong with me?!"

Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
          Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
          CW: 146.8 lbs
          GW 140 lbs
          A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• GotD: My IQ might have dropped a bit from trying to comprehend that post...
            Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Period cramps suck. I want to curl up in a ball :<
              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Krista View Post
                *Punch*
                gotd: you hit like a girl

I'M SO SLEEPY WHY CAN'T I SLEEP
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  gotd: you hit like a girl

I'M SO SLEEPY WHY CAN'T I SLEEP
                  Hahahahaha! Not just any girl...a Primal one.

Sorry, can't help you on the sleep issue. Unless you need someone to hit you hard enough to..."sleep."
                  Primal Krista
                  The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

Comment

• a shovel will suffice *thumb up*
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• Gripe of the day from yesterday, two actually:

I had an awards reception for a scholarship that I received, and afterwards my younger brother asked, "Where are we going to eat to celebrate?" I didn't get mad at him, obviously, he's just a kid...but it reminded me of that tradition my family has always had. Whenever anything remotely exciting happens, we go out to eat afterwards. Sports games, awards, coming home from college, good grades, relatives visiting. And I've got 4 brothers, so there was always lots of going out to eat. Being reminded of that tradition got under my skin: 1) going out to eat so much might have played some role in getting to 300 lbs before my 20th birthday, 2) my brothers are still being raised with the "food as a reward" (as opposed to fuel) mentality, 3) I legitimately miss spending time with my family since I started eating differently. Even when I was CW healthy, I couldn't eat with my family. They eat so terribly that I can't go to any restaurants, fast food joints, whatever with them. I don't get to sit down and talk or enjoy their company. And that made me really upset last night...I'm not going to abandon my healthy lifestyle, but I feel like their unhealthy lifestyle is pushing me away.

Other gripe: my mom was making dinner last night (again, I have to make my own) and it was some sort of Wheat Helper (new hamburger helper, I guess?) concoction. All she had to do was open this box, pour out the contents into the pan, add chicken breast and water, and stir. And my brother comes up, hugs her, smells the food, and says, "Mom, you're such a good cook." I ALMOST laughed out loud. I was next to her making a kind of paste out of sardines, avocado, olive oil, and garlic, to be poured over a bed of spinach and broccoli...and I get eyes rolled at me.

My other brother even told me once, after seeing me down a huge plate of broccoli, that it was possible to have "too much of a good thing." I looked at the Hot Pocket in his hand and ignored him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoS View Post
                        Gripe of the day from yesterday, two actually:

I had an awards reception for a scholarship that I received, and afterwards my younger brother asked, "Where are we going to eat to celebrate?" I didn't get mad at him, obviously, he's just a kid...but it reminded me of that tradition my family has always had. Whenever anything remotely exciting happens, we go out to eat afterwards. Sports games, awards, coming home from college, good grades, relatives visiting. And I've got 4 brothers, so there was always lots of going out to eat. Being reminded of that tradition got under my skin: 1) going out to eat so much might have played some role in getting to 300 lbs before my 20th birthday, 2) my brothers are still being raised with the "food as a reward" (as opposed to fuel) mentality, 3) I legitimately miss spending time with my family since I started eating differently. Even when I was CW healthy, I couldn't eat with my family. They eat so terribly that I can't go to any restaurants, fast food joints, whatever with them. I don't get to sit down and talk or enjoy their company. And that made me really upset last night...I'm not going to abandon my healthy lifestyle, but I feel like their unhealthy lifestyle is pushing me away.

Other gripe: my mom was making dinner last night (again, I have to make my own) and it was some sort of Wheat Helper (new hamburger helper, I guess?) concoction. All she had to do was open this box, pour out the contents into the pan, add chicken breast and water, and stir. And my brother comes up, hugs her, smells the food, and says, "Mom, you're such a good cook." I ALMOST laughed out loud. I was next to her making a kind of paste out of sardines, avocado, olive oil, and garlic, to be poured over a bed of spinach and broccoli...and I get eyes rolled at me.

My other brother even told me once, after seeing me down a huge plate of broccoli, that it was possible to have "too much of a good thing." I looked at the Hot Pocket in his hand and ignored him.
                        that is rather funny
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Sunglare - east/west roads sunrise/sunset

Comment

• The Red Tide has at last made its return after 3.5 years of pregnancy/nursing. Wish me luck. Send a surfboard.

... oh and I dislocated my shoulder, but it pretty much immediately got better so I can't complain about that.
                            Last edited by Jenny; 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM.
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                              The Red Tide has at last made its return after 3.5 years of pregnancy/nursing. Wish me luck. Send a surfboard.
                              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• GotD: My go-to lunch place was out of the flank steak today. Had to get my salad with grilled chicken instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X