No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines! My idea of hell is an eternal migraine. Since I don't believe in hell, I can at least know there is a migraine free zone sometime.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Hey Paleobird and Saoirse, I didn't want to pull this thread off-track from griping, so I replied to you both in my journal over here:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post369172

Now back to the griping, it is a new day after all:

iOS 4.3 came out but it looks like they removed the multitouch gesture functions they had in the beta version. I am very pouty.
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• People who write "per say" when they mean "per se".

People who need stuff done RIGHT NOW but can't articulate what it is they actually want.

Comment

• Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
          People who write "per say" when they mean "per se".

People who need stuff done RIGHT NOW but can't articulate what it is they actually want.
          LOL on your first gripe! A couple of my other favorites are "bare with me" and "for all intense & purposes". Oh, and agreeing with a statement with "Here, here!" - that one always tempts me to reply with "Where, where?"

The second one is your fault for sleeping through that mind-reading class.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
            I had one like that. He's afraid you're gonna get your sexy back and then leave him.
            Ha! Can't get back what you never had in the first place. Gettin' my healthy back though, and if that pisses him off, tough shit, deal with it!

Comment

• Non-resealable bacon packages.

Comment

• Diffusion of responsibility - if it's everyone's problem, nobody steps up to take it on.

In other words - when the office runs out of heating oil that no-one has ordered while I've been away, I'm not sharing my plug in radiator and/or knowledge of alternative water heating.

Comment

• "Per say." Gah!!

Almost as bad as "vice-a versa."
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                    Non-resealable bacon packages.
                    Clearly you're meant to eat it a whole pound at a time.

Gripe: Kids playing in the precious few lap lanes at the pool and crashing into actual lap swimmers... they have the entire rec pool to go play in. G'way kid, ya bother me.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• My personal favorite:
                      "Come to Jesus meeting" used in the workplace. They used that today. I generally don't care about religion, but it should have no place in the workplace (unless you work for a church or something overtly religious.) I would've told HR, but HR is the guy that said it.... yeah...
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• "Weary" instead of "WARY" auuuugh I see it all the time now. When people say "EGG-zit" instead of "ECK-sit" for Exit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                          Non-resealable bacon packages.
                          +1

I'm sick of hearing about Charlie Sheen and the bubble-headed-twit, Lindsey Lohan. I like the alternate meaning of QFT that Metismomma provided earlier. They need to Q-F-T and go snort some more cocaine!! Loser-whiner-crybaby-crack-headed-jackasses.
                          I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• Go "ax" someone a question.
                            I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsToon View Post
                              When people say "EGG-zit" instead of "ECK-sit" for Exit.
                              To be fair, in a lot of cases that's a regional dialect.

Today has been a briliant case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing." My boss is being rather pedantic on things he knows very little about. It's actually kinda funny to ask questions and then watch him flounder.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsToon View Post
                                "Weary" instead of "WARY" auuuugh I see it all the time now. When people say "EGG-zit" instead of "ECK-sit" for Exit.
                                Well that is interesting! I say "EGG-zit" and never thought anything of it. Maybe it is a regional thing - though, Kentucky isn't to far away from Ohio!

Carrie

Comment

Working...
                                X