No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am stuck in that dreaded period of slow time where it is friday and the clock never freaking moves. I am ready for my weekend.

Comment

• GotD: My brain has declared it Fuck Off Friday and I actually have work I need to get done relatively soon. The clock isn't even behaving, I swear I just saw it jump BACKWARDS.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• i did feel a disturbance inthe force
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• I think this is the type of Friday you get after a long weekend. Everything's out of sorts.
          Georgette

Comment

• waaaahhhh! I came home to find a jury questionnaire for Federal District Court in my mailbox, last time they called me I ended up on a jury....(I hate driving into the city)...AND.... 4inches of water in my backyard with more heavy rain on the way.

Comment

• It's humid here - something Denver rarely sees (daily thunderstorms). I actually put on the AC for the first time this year as the humidity was 75% in the house. The plants in my garden on the other hand have almost doubled in the past 3 days so I gotta shut up and be happy that that's the worst thing I can come up with!

Oh - and purple hands - went to a tye dye party and forgot to put on the gloves!

Comment

• I am annoyed that my boss randomly leaves during the day and leaves me alone. Not that I mind being left alone.. its the announcing it when I come in that annoys me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                  waaaahhhh! I came home to find a jury questionnaire for Federal District Court in my mailbox, last time they called me I ended up on a jury....(I hate driving into the city)...AND.... 4inches of water in my backyard with more heavy rain on the way.
                  I got asked to do jury duty in my home country (New Zealand) while in Australia once. I called up and told them why i wouldn't be attending, lol...
                  I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• I agree with Lynna - waaaahhhh - I just called my jury summons and have to report for jury duty Monday. I better find a good book! Any suggestions?

Comment

• I have to work Saturday. Again.

It kind of cancels out the whole "3 day weekend for the holiday" thing when you have to work the Saturday before and after.
                      Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                        I got asked to do jury duty in my home country (New Zealand) while in Australia once. I called up and told them why i wouldn't be attending, lol...
                        Unfortunately I don't have that excuse.
                        Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                        I agree with Lynna - waaaahhhh - I just called my jury summons and have to report for jury duty Monday. I better find a good book! Any suggestions?
                        What genre do you like to read?

The bad thing about Federal court is that once you've filled out the questionnaire and they qualify you, it's for a 3 month period and you can be required to serve multiple times up to five days. My last time, the trial was 2 days and luckily they didn't call me again. At least with State Superior court, you show up one day and if you're not picked for a jury you're done for 2 or 3 years.

Comment

• The painters never showed yesterday so instead of moving tools and cleaning we'll be sanding and painting. Then moving tools and cleaning. Ah well, we didn't want to pay them anyhow.
                          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• My neighbors really don't seem to understand the concept of basic courtesy, also known as "shutting the fuck up." Yes, it's Saturday night. That doesn't mean you should sit outside, scream at the tops of your lungs (I only wish I were being hyperbolic) and blast music for three goddamn hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                              My neighbors really don't seem to understand the concept of basic courtesy, also known as "shutting the fuck up." Yes, it's Saturday night. That doesn't mean you should sit outside, scream at the tops of your lungs (I only wish I were being hyperbolic) and blast music for three goddamn hours.
                              My heart goes out to you, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                                My neighbors really don't seem to understand the concept of basic courtesy, also known as "shutting the fuck up." Yes, it's Saturday night. That doesn't mean you should sit outside, scream at the tops of your lungs (I only wish I were being hyperbolic) and blast music for three goddamn hours.
                                True, and tomorrow being Sunday doesn't mean you have to be outside at 6am revving up your chainsaw, using a leaf blower, or generally making a shit ton of noise but it could just happen....then again, I am an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X