Reality check: Counting calories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kelda View Post
    I've read PB twice in the last year and still have to go back to refresh on various bits. I looked up the protein recommendation again yesterday, which is where I got the figures quoted earlier up the thread and what struck me is that Mark quite happily lists the figures and amounts to aim at and no one considers him anal about calorie counting! I think he'd approve of Paleobird's thread here!

Go back to PB and look at those sections where he works out Mrs Korg's proposed Primal diet, it should really help. Like a I said before most females don't eat enough protein, Art De Vany recognizes this point too in his book
    Thank you, Kelda.

Comment

• So today I ate:
      6 eggs again
      wheatgrass/hempmilk smoothie

IFed lunch because I was out walking a half marathon

had 3 chicken breasts with curry sauce over a BAS for dinner

If I snack on panther bar tonight that comes to about 1400 calories. Still under my target of 1500. I might have a glass of wine too.

Comment

• @Pattyd -- Patty, you are a Beachbody coach so I would think you should shoot for 1 gram per pound of body weight. I've seen Tony's beachbody program and it looks like it would be a lot of activity. I would try different levels of protein and see which one gives you the results you want. I would think you would want to hold on to the 105 LBM.
        Last edited by Bodhi; 03-08-2011, 07:02 PM. Reason: more thoughts
        ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

• The past two days have been awesome. Yesterday I did an LHT and today walked 13 miles. I really think the increased protein intake is helping my body with the workouts. I don't feel nearly as tired as without it.

Ladies, get your protein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhi View Post
            @Pattyd -- Patty, you are a Beachbody coach so I would think you should shoot for 1 gram per pound of body weight. I've seen Tony's beachbody program and it looks like it would be a lot of activity. I would try different levels of protein and see which one gives you the results you want. I would think you would want to hold on to the 105 LBM.
            Thanks Bodhi. I`ll play around with it. It`s hard for me to get in that much protein....even with a supplemental shake. 80 is hard! lol
            "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
            www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

• Originally posted by MountainDew View Post
              How did you come up with 105?
              I believe it was off of a calculator on a site...I`ll see if I can find it
              In looking over my notes I think I switched numbers....105 LBM is for my current 144 and 22% BF
              Last edited by pattyd; 03-08-2011, 07:13 PM.
              "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
              www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

• 1 year on PB and I dont have a bloody clue what LHT is? clearly I'm not doing it

Comment

• Download the Primal Blueprint Fitness ebook. It's free. LHT stand for Lift Heavy Things. They are progressive body weight exercises.

Comment

• doh of course! Sometimes I just get bogged down in all the 3 letter acronyms.
                    and yeah, I dont do enough of it... I'm sure I would see the belly fat disappear if I was to do it.

Comment

• Oh yes. Those planks are a lot harder than Mark makes them look in the videos.

Comment

• 94g. of protein today! It IS doable, but it will take some effort. Might have a little Greek yogurt or a slice of cheese to bring the protein up a little more. Tomorrow's a lift day. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Oh yes. Those planks are a lot harder than Mark makes them look in the videos.
                          All of Mark's exercises are harder than he makes them look in the videos.

Comment

• That's really good news Paleobird :-) I'm feeling good too with a small shift from fat toward protein, it isn't huge but it's noticeable.
                            Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Comment

• Originally posted by brahnamin View Post
                              All of Mark's exercises are harder than he makes them look in the videos.
                              Indeed and he looks great doing them too, although I really think we should have persuaded him to refilm them in less clothing :-)

Does anyone else feel rather inadequate seeing his great torso at the top of every page, I have to keep reminding myself that ladies don't look like that but every time I see them I think, mmm, I must work harder and that is certainly a totally unrealistic look for me to have!
                              Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelda View Post
                                Indeed and he looks great doing them too, although I really think we should have persuaded him to refilm them in less clothing :-)

Does anyone else feel rather inadequate seeing his great torso at the top of every page, I have to keep reminding myself that ladies don't look like that but every time I see them I think, mmm, I must work harder and that is certainly a totally unrealistic look for me to have!
                                Um no. It just makes me pray I get that banner all the time and +1000 on the refilm.
                                /fans self
                                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Working...
                                X