No announcement yet.

Depression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh...that makes more sense I consider Depression as something much different than the normal ups and downs of life. It is an otherworldy being, an alien parasite, a dreadful disease with no mercy. Smile...I am feeling dramatic I suppose.

Originally posted by Owen View Post
    I should clarify that - I meant its natural to experience both good and bad moods, we are not designed to be in high spirits 24 hours a day although of course we shoud be in a good mood most of the time :-)
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
      I consider Depression as something much different than the normal ups and downs of life. It is an otherworldy being, an alien parasite, a dreadful disease with no mercy. Smile...I am feeling dramatic I suppose.
      In my experience, you are not being dramatic at all. In fact, you may be understating how horrible true depression can be.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

ONce thing I have learned is that it is a separate entity, not part of me. I can remove myself from it even when it is at its worse. It is not me, it is not mine and I will not allow it to win.

Originally posted by jammies View Post
        In my experience, you are not being dramatic at all. In fact, you may be understating how horrible true depression can be.

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

I see depression as a veil. For me, mental illness is different than physical, because you CAN separate yourself from it, or put it aside, and temporarily forget. Sometimes "temporary" can be a really long time. For those predisposed (like me), there is always the chance it will come back if I eat the wrong things or experience a large amount of stress. More and more, I can tune it out and keep functioning normally until I don't notice it at all. It takes practice, and it takes time.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Exactly. It takes a long time, at least it did for me. I am 46 and just started learning that in the last few years. Like this recent very small experience. I could step outside myself, acknowledge depression was present, analyzye the reasons why (consumed sugar, holidays, etc) and just keep on going. Blessedly I was with my nieces and nephew and dragged them outside to play. It made a big difference.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            I see depression as a veil. For me, mental illness is different than physical, because you CAN separate yourself from it, or put it aside, and temporarily forget. Sometimes "temporary" can be a really long time. For those predisposed (like me), there is always the chance it will come back if I eat the wrong things or experience a large amount of stress. More and more, I can tune it out and keep functioning normally until I don't notice it at all. It takes practice, and it takes time.

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Working...
            X