RIP Stick Blender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Stick Blender

I'm so sad, I just blew out the motor in my stick blender. Now here is the question, should I replace it? I use it 99.9% of the time to make Franken-primal goodies (I broke it making brownies using mostly almond butter...) So maybe I shouldn't replace it and I will live more of a primal/paleo lifestyle by default? What's your take?
    ma blog: http://happybeehive.wordpress.com/

I use mine to mash cauliflower, blend coconut milk shakes, make cream of (veggie xyz) soup. It has lots of primal uses too.

Comment

Go without it for 2 weeks and see if you miss it?

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        I use mine to mash cauliflower, blend coconut milk shakes, make cream of (veggie xyz) soup. It has lots of primal uses too.
        Yeah, I had forgotten about the mashed cauliflower and soup when I posted originally. I guess I'll need to replace it then.
        ma blog: http://happybeehive.wordpress.com/

Comment

Replace it. I use it to scramble eggs, puree soups - broccoli, cauliflower, tomato-basil, pureed celery root.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurabela View Post
            I'm so sad, I just blew out the motor in my stick blender. Now here is the question, should I replace it? I use it 99.9% of the time to make Franken-primal goodies (I broke it making brownies using mostly almond butter...) So maybe I shouldn't replace it and I will live more of a primal/paleo lifestyle by default? What's your take?
            Noooooooo, so sad. That is my most frequently used piece of kitchen equipment ever. I use mine daily.
            MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

i've never had one, so easy to live without.

i, honestly, own no other kitchen appliances than these: oven/stove and fridge/freezer. everything else is manually operated.

Comment

I love mine. Had the original one for about 15 yeas before I started to use it . Now - it is used most days. Soup mainly - how I love root veg soup pureed with the stick blender.

Anyone used it for mayo? Does it work with just yolks - the instruction book says whole egg and in my book that ain't real mayo!

Comment

Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                  Noooooooo, so sad. That is my most frequently used piece of kitchen equipment ever. I use mine daily.
                  +1
                  Daily!
                  I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

I love my stick blender! I use mine for mayo, but I don't recall if I used just yolks or the entire egg. I do know it worked amazing for it though.
                    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

I really want a stick blender. Seems to be more versatile than the traditional blender which does come in handy but I think a stick blender would be way more versatile.
                      Georgette

Comment

I use mine a lot so I would definitely miss it. Love making creamy soups with it. It's so much easier to just puree right in the soup pot vs. having to put hot soup in batches into the blender or food processor. And I use it too for pureeing other veggies - cauli or sweet potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
                          I love mine. Had the original one for about 15 yeas before I started to use it . Now - it is used most days. Soup mainly - how I love root veg soup pureed with the stick blender.

Anyone used it for mayo? Does it work with just yolks - the instruction book says whole egg and in my book that ain't real mayo!
                          i make hollandaise with mine..I'm too lazy to whisk over double boiler...

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                            I really want a stick blender. Seems to be more versatile than the traditional blender which does come in handy but I think a stick blender would be way more versatile.
                            Look for a Braun that comes with a mini chopper (4" diameter) and if you are lucky a whisk.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                              Look for a Braun that comes with a mini chopper (4" diameter) and if you are lucky a whisk.

Ooooohhhh! Isn't it funny how we get excited about kitchen equipment.
                              Georgette

Comment

Working...
                              X