Calling all Groks, Grokettes and Groklets from Perth, Western Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Groks, Grokettes and Groklets from Perth, Western Australia

There's a few of us around and I think it's high-time we organised a primal get-together.

I was at Whiteman Park today and it seems like such a perfect spot for a group of people to meet up. They have bbq's, play areas for kids, heaps of grass for a game of frisbee or backyard cricket and you can hire out one of the gazebos for the day.

What do you say...? Thanatos, Paleo_Rob, Sarahz and anyone else I'm forgetting... Are you up for a primal hoe-down?
    My Journal

Im up for it. I will bring the potato salad and the tofu steaks. )

Seriously im like 5 minutes from Whiteman Park and off work for 8 weeks so lets do it.

Comment

I'm up for it once my visa goes through.. still waiting!
      http://danimalk.blogspot.com/

Comment

Still in Canada

Hey guys, my lady and I are definitely up for some primal get-togethers. Only problem, we're still in Canada and won't be in Perth until about the Feb 23rd-25th. My work visa just got approved and now I'm waiting for my new passport to arrive before we can travel (that's not even to speak of packing up the whole house!). That said, go on ahead without us, and we'll catch you guys for the next one!

Comment

Well, now that I've moved over from Adelaide I'm unemployed so should be available anytime!!

Let me know!

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks! I'm off to Bali at the end of the week and then uni starts so I was thinking about a March date anyhow, hopefully our friends from across the pond will be here by then

I'll organise where and when after I get back from bali.

Watch this space...
            My Journal

Comment

selamat jalang ke bali!!!!

Comment

terima kasih
                My Journal

Comment

Hey I was at Whiteman Park today also! Yes my husband and I and kiddies would definatley be interested!
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

I'm South of the river and if the wife is ok with it we might come out. She's not right into the whole primal thing.
                    On another note we were in Bali last Nov and I am about to book a new place for this Nov.
                    Enjoy
                    My paleo food photos

Comment

Hey all - (Tommy's gal here, in Canada)
                      Can't wait to get back to Perth, the sunshine, the beautiful winters and the fresh food! Looking forward to the get-together in March and meeting some fellow primal peeps.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                        I am south of the river (Kardinya to be exact) I am so up for meeting more primal people. Just name the time and place, if I can make it I'll be there.
                        I am the only person I know who is primal... or even low carb so I would love to pick your brains...
                        (Oh and Go West Coast Eagles)

Comment

Yeah I'm from Canningvale so not to far away from you Birchlet. Eagles won by 2 points!!!
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi guys, thanks Birchlet for ressurecting this thread. I did try a get-together a few months ago at the City Farm but I got no response from anyone, maybe the thread got missed.
                            Anyway, I'm thinking that as Spring is here (not that you'd know it today!), we should aim for a Primal meetup one Sunday. Perhaps Kings Park or somewhere like that. We could stake out one of the BBQs there, that way we can bring kids as well for those that have them.
                            I'm thinking November, the weather will be a bit more stable hopefully.
                            Check your calenders and we'll get this thing happening.
                            My Journal

Comment

I can do November (lolz but not October or December) Kings Park is awesome the wild flowers are very pretty.
                              I am the only person in a very obease family who tries to take care of my health so would love to pick your brains about where you guys shop and the like. I can source Coconut milk and flour at limes in myree but it is really expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X