Droopy Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Droopy Eye

Very strange. Two nights ago, my husband noticed that my right eyelid was drooping. I hadn't noticed. It is still drooping this morning. Yesterday my eye hurt off and on. I've had a headache for over a week - comes and goes - which may or may not be related. I'm trying to get a hold of my eye doctor, but thought I'd see if anyone here had any thoughts. I did a little digging online, but stopped myself. It can be something pretty serious, and I don't want to freak myself out.

Is it just the eyelid drooping? If that's the only part of your face you can see that is affected, probably start off at your eye doctor to rule out eye infection. Wear your glasses until then (if you usually wear contacts) until you know it's not infected.

If the eye doc can't rule anything out, ask for a referral to a neurologist. I don't want to freak you out either, but they'd probably give you a CT or MRI, so be prepared for that.

Good luck, I hope you find that nothing is serious
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Comment

Thanks, Apple. I'm wearing my glasses today. I was able to get in on Monday with the eye doctor. I guess he's not overly alarmed, so might as well relax about it until then.

Comment

Go to your GP or eye doc... a friend of mine had this happen last winter and it "turned into" (or turned out to be?) Bell's Palsy and the entire side of her face was temporarily paralyzed. But it started with her eye. Not sure if they can prevent BP from occuring, but it's worth a shot.

Best ofl uck!

Comment

Dropping of an eyelid, technical word is ptosis, can suggest a problem with the oculumotor nerve, which is the cranial nerve that controls the muscle used to raise the eyelid.

I don't know, it may be nothing and it may be something. With the headaches and eye pain too.. don't want to freak you out but if I were you I'd see a doctor immediately.
          Kriskris.com

Comment

Can't get to the eye doctor until Monday. I don't have a family doc. I found one here on the forum and have been meaning to make an appointment. Tried this morning, but they didn't seem to know if they took my insurance. I couldn't get United's site to see if he's on the plan. I do know an opthamologist (retired) who was, apparently well-known in the field. When Reagan was in office, this was the guy on call if anything were to happen to his eyes. May check in with him.

Comment

I would definitely find an Opthamologist. A regular eye doctor may still refer you to one. If you can't get into an opthamologist, go to an urgent care or ER just to rule out anything major. My theory is never mess with the eyes.
              Georgette

Comment

Go to a doctor, even if its a doc in a box. It's nothing to mess with.

Comment

Just another thought, are you applying anything to your eyelids? I was moisturizing with jojoba oil and put some on my eyelids several days in a row and my eyelids swelled up making one look droopy.

Comment

I also think you should see a doc right away. Headache + neurologic symtpoms = see doc ASAP.

Pea

Comment

Originally posted by JenCat View Post
                      Very strange. Two nights ago, my husband noticed that my right eyelid was drooping. I hadn't noticed. It is still drooping this morning. Yesterday my eye hurt off and on. I've had a headache for over a week - comes and goes - which may or may not be related. I'm trying to get a hold of my eye doctor, but thought I'd see if anyone here had any thoughts. I did a little digging online, but stopped myself. It can be something pretty serious, and I don't want to freak myself out.
                      Go to the doctor - not the eye doctor, but the GP - immediately. My father's myasthenia gravis started out this way. Go NOW.
                      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Crap. Okay, as soon as my husband gets home, I'll go over to the Urgent Care. I don't have great faith in them, but hopefully they can tell if I'm going to drop dead in the next 24 hours!

Comment

Let us know how it goes; we're all thinking of you.
                          Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Good luck Jen!!! Hopefully its nothing major and just a little hiccup in the system.
                            Georgette

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Looks like Bell's Palsy; the right side of my mouth is also effected slightly. Very mild; should be fine. On high doses of prednisone (60mg) for a week. It may take a month or more to go away. I'm a little concerned about the meds, but thankful that you all pushed me to go to the doctor. If you don't start the treatment within 48 hours, there's really nothing that they can do. It may go away on it's own, but it would more than likely be permanent. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X