Another cool use for coconut oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cool use for coconut oil

I've been using coconut oil on my hands since last Friday and I had a scar from where I burnt my hand on a hot cookie sheet last year. I just looked down at my hand and the scar is practically healed! I'm going to try this on some bigger scars I have on my legs that are older and see if that helps them out.
    Georgette

Yep. I have used it a lot on my surgical scars. Very helpful. It also cures all types of foot fungus.

Comment

Oh, nice tip!
      My journal

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Yep. I have used it a lot on my surgical scars. Very helpful. It also cures all types of foot fungus.
        Paleobird, do you know if it helps with cracked toenails or ridges in toenails?
        Georgette

Comment

Will have to try it on the nicks and cuts I get when fishing. Have gotten a few infections so I figure a prophylactic rub of the hands with coconut oil will help. BTW emu oil is great in this regard, but we ran out
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
            Paleobird, do you know if it helps with cracked toenails or ridges in toenails?
            Oh, definitely it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Oh, definitely it does.
              Really now? I think I need to buy another jar just for cooking lol! I'm also thinking about putting it in my hair and scalp to see if it'll help with my bald spot at all.
              Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                Will have to try it on the nicks and cuts I get when fishing. Have gotten a few infections so I figure a prophylactic rub of the hands with coconut oil will help. BTW emu oil is great in this regard, but we ran out
                I love emu oil but we only get it here imported in itty bitty jars for ridiculous amounts of money. You could probably start an internet business exporting it.

Comment

Scars, huh? It couldn't hurt to rub it all over these stretch marks, then....

Robin's Roost
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Herbwifemama View Post
                    Scars, huh? It couldn't hurt to rub it all over these stretch marks, then....
                    Forgot about stretch marks....

I just really want to see if it'll help with new hair growth in my bald spot. Being a female with male pattern baldness sucks.
                    Georgette

Comment

Really now? I think I need to buy another jar just for cooking lol! I'm also thinking about putting it in my hair and scalp to see if it'll help with my bald spot at all.
                      I've been going through it pretty fast too ever since I started making CO mayo. Nom.

My hair tends toward oiliness so I just put a bit on my hands and rub it into the ends of my hair which get a bit dry if I spend a lot of time in the pool and/or ocean waters.

Comment

I have been told to use mayo on my hair to help with the bald spot. I wonder if I made it with CO would it work better? Problem is, I absolutely hate mayo lol. I keep thinking that any kind of oil would be better than none to try out. Also my hair gets fairly dry because I straighten it about once or twice a week. Going to start experimenting with my head now.
                        Georgette

Comment

Being a female with male pattern baldness sucks.

PCOS? I have the opposite problem. (And honestly, I'd rather have the opposite problem if I had to choose...)

Robin's Roost
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Herbwifemama View Post
                            PCOS? I have the opposite problem. (And honestly, I'd rather have the opposite problem if I had to choose...)
                            Yep, PCOS. My mom and 2 other sister have the female type baldness, none have been diagnosed with PCOS. One of my sisters had a hair transplant back in 2001 and she hasn't needed it retouched. I may consider that route in a few years.
                            Georgette

Comment

I wonder if it will help with icepick scars. I have a few on my face from when gluten began ravaging my poor cheeks with acne!
                              I don't own a scale and don't care to!

Comment

Working...
                              X