TRULY Primal...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRULY Primal...

Wish we could manage to leave them alone...

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/01...contacted.html
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

I notice almost completely irrelevant things... like the shape of their feet...

I have no idea where the post or article is now, but it had a diagram of a typical "Western" footprint, showing how the axis of symmetry is crooked; compared to the widely spread toes of the barefoot-from-birth.
    I googled a similar image
    Foot%20Shape%20Ch&#97.jpg

Comment

wilberfan: Check out www.survivalinternational.org

It's full of great doco's and information about uncontacted or near uncontacted tribes from all over the world. There is actually a tribe off the coast of I think india maybe? but they actually completely reject society and kill people who try to come on to their island. so the government made it a national site that people arent allowed to enter to leave them alone completely.

Comment

I noticed immediately how they weren't fat...
        Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Comment

i believe that that particular group was shown to be a hoax, but there are a lot of communities of people living in these ways. i really like The Continuum Concept which talks about amazonian tribes. very cool stuff.

Comment

Crazy I just clicked on this cause I was just looking at those photos and watching this video on youtube called strangers in the woods. It really disgusts me that through history when we run into indigenous people the reaction is always to "assimilate" them. Yea, here is your bible and new school, we can't have savages running around. IMO tribal people shouldn't be studied or interviewed just GTFO A.S.A.P

Comment

Actually, some countries (I think Brazil is one) have initiatives in place to protect these people. They do reconnaissance missions to check on them to make sure they're still around and to get an idea how many there are, like keeping tabs on an endangered species. The photos may not have evil intentions behind them.
              The Paleo Periodical
              It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                I notice almost completely irrelevant things... like the shape of their feet...

I have no idea where the post or article is now, but it had a diagram of a typical "Western" footprint, showing how the axis of symmetry is crooked; compared to the widely spread toes of the barefoot-from-birth.
                I googled a similar image
                [ATTACH]2903[/ATTACH]
                Yay! I have natural feet! Maybe it's all those summers my parents encouraged us to go barefoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                  Yay! I have natural feet! Maybe it's all those summers my parents encouraged us to go barefoot.
                  Me too. We always ran around barefoot as kids. The natural diagram above looks very much like the shape of VFFs. This is probably why I love both of my pairs but my friend who is 80 and spent most of her working life in pointy office shoes could not make her feet get into a pair of VFFs no matter how she tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    Me too. We always ran around barefoot as kids. The natural diagram above looks very much like the shape of VFFs. This is probably why I love both of my pairs but my friend who is 80 and spent most of her working life in pointy office shoes could not make her feet get into a pair of VFFs no matter how she tried.
                    This is sad!

I hate shoes, I hate socks. I love being barefoot! While I haven't bought a pair of VFFs, I do love to wear soft ballet flats when it's absolutely neccesary to be shod. Otherwise, NAKED FEET all the way!!!
                    The more I see the less I know for sure.
                    -John Lennon

Comment

my husband likes to make fun of my feet because they look "abnormal," like the barefoot side, whereas his look more like the pointy feet. yeah for being barefoot and free!
                      my primal journal:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

my feet have always looked like that (but i have rather narrow feet naturally, so they look "dainty" and i get lots of complements on them).

my ILs have *always* made fun of me for how much time i spend bare foot. they wear shoes from the moment they are out of bed (yes, even in their own shower!) to the moment they are back into bed. it goes like this: "ballet flat" or similar styled slippers to walk to the bathroom. thong-slides to wear in the shower, back into slippers after, then into shoes once you are dressed, which you wear all day until you put on your PJs, when you wear your slippers until you are in bed. if you get up to go to the toilet, you put your slippers back on. NEVER EVER GO BAREFOOT. you even wear sandals at the beach. best if they cover your toes, you don't want people seeing your toes. water shoes are their favs for going to the beach now.

when i first met my husband, it was scary how white his feet were. just rarely saw any light. and he had flat feet, which were not helped by all of his shoes.

my SIL has had two foot surgeries. she's 35. my MIL has had two foot surgeries to correct the "twisting" of her smallest toe. my FIL currently is lining up to have a bone spur from his toe removed (caused by his shoes).

who is laughing last?

DH is all about his VFFs. loves them.

Comment

A woman I met commented on my VFFs saying, "Well, I suppose they're interesting but I would never be able to wear them because there wouldn't be anywhere to put my arch supports." *headpalm* *headpalm* The whole point is that, if you develop foot muscles, you don't need arch supports.

Comment

yes indeedy.

my MIL *screamed* at me for an hour how DH would never have an arch, he was born flat footed, etc. and i said "if he works his foot, he'll get an arch."

today, he has a discernable arch in his foot when he stands. he can run in his vibrams (soemthing he never would have done 15 years ago), and his mother is like "huh. interesting. ou have an arch."

no apology for screaming at me though.

she's also bizarre about hawk. as if she wants him to be short, have flat feet, and so on. it's very weird. she's strange.

Comment

I can't even imagine wearing shoes in the house.... they are the first thing to come off when I get home. I wear either slippers or slipper socks right now because we live in a very drafty old rental... but as soon as it's warm enough, no shoes... definitely never shoes at the beach.

I'm interested to see some of the newer "non-toe" minimalist shoes that seem to be coming out this spring!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X