Organic Farmer in Western Australia Getting Screwed by Monsanto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic Farmer in Western Australia Getting Screwed by Monsanto

An organic farmer in Western Australia, Steve Marsh has had GM Canola blown onto his property from a neighbouring farm and is now contaminated. His organic certification has been suspended, putting his livelihood and whole harvest in limbo.

Fortunately he had taken precautions to declare his property GM free and had gone to the expense of setting up signs and getting legal advise so he should be able to take legal action against the GM Farmer.

The WA Ag Department has now confirmed the contamination and Monsanto has stated that it will support the GM farmer if Steve takes legal action. The purpose of this page it to allow people to donate to a “war chest” to help Steve fight for compensation.

Click here to help.
    - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
    IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Originally posted by paleo_rob View Post
    An organic farmer in Western Australia, Steve Marsh has had GM Canola blown onto his property from a neighbouring farm and is now contaminated. His organic certification has been suspended, putting his livelihood and whole harvest in limbo.

Fortunately he had taken precautions to declare his property GM free and had gone to the expense of setting up signs and getting legal advise so he should be able to take legal action against the GM Farmer.

The WA Ag Department has now confirmed the contamination and Monsanto has stated that it will support the GM farmer if Steve takes legal action. The purpose of this page it to allow people to donate to a “war chest” to help Steve fight for compensation.

Click here to help.
    Sadly, this is not the first time this bullshit has happened. I'll see if I can find the previous cases.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

If the powers that be remove the ability to put patents on organic life, then these problems will go away. The current patents on GM crops will have to be revoked of course.
      Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

I believe this is the correct movie about this very subject.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/67878/the-future-of-food
        Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Working...
        X