Blood type...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood type...

So I was listening to one of Jimmy Moore's podcasts today and he was interviewing the author of the Blood Type Diet. According to Dr Dr D'Amamo, the Type O diet is very primitive and is due to O being the most ancient blood type. The prescribed diet for type O's sounds very similar to paleo/primal.

So I'm curious, do we have a large representation of Type O's here? They make up 50% of the population, but I'm wondering if there's more of us here than that population ratio....

So what type are you?

I'm O+
    My Journal

I studied that diet and tried it a few years back, and in my opinion, there is no scientific merit to it. I used to be on a forum that discussed all things blood type, and many of the people tried to follow the diet of their blood type, and found they had food allergies, etc. to the very things they were supposed to be eating. I am supposed to be good with dairy, and okay with grains. FAIL! :-)
    I am not type O

Comment

O+ here!
      Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

A+ here. I've looked at the diet before, and it just didn't "jive" with me.
        SW: 235
        CW:220
        Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
        Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
        Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
        Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

I wanted to believe...
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

All you need to know about the blood type diet:

http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2010/1...rspective.html

Comment

O+ here and I followed it up until I found Marks work.
              My paleo food photos

Comment

A+

and from what i've heard (not read) I am the blood type most adapted to grain eating vegetarianism...only i can literally gain 3 pounds in a weekend if I eat flour products or sugar Fri, Sat. and Sun.

It was that kind of gaining, exercising HARD CORE, and still gaining that led my long-time vegetarian self to raw food, and then primal (cooked).
                Our primal family journal.

Comment

A+
                  Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                  Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

O+.

I'm not sure blood type has much to do with our diet, but Dr D'Amamo was one of the first authors to write about lectins.
                    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

I'm O just can't remember if its - or +.
                      Georgette

Comment

HA! I just read about the A diet. I'm supposed to be a vegetarian. Now I rememeber why I didn't want to do it. NO MEAT!!!
                        SW: 235
                        CW:220
                        Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                        Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                        Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                        Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

A+ here... tried this - at one point after my mom raved about how it helped her loose weight and I gained weight...and said eff it. I'm loosing weight, and feel better eating more meat and fat, with limited carbs. This is the best I've felt, since I was doing the zone back in 96-97 - then I went vegetarian and everything went down hill.... and 12 yrs later here I am primal and happy : )
                          The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                          What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                          SW 190lb
                          Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                          GW ~135lbs
                          5'3"
                          Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

I'm A+ and gave up grains five years ago because they were responsible for my IBS and other digestive problems!

Comment

I can't believe D'Amamo is still pushing that garbage. Type A is actually the oldest blood type. Type O is simply the most common. Regardless, all three blood types existed in paleo man prior to the neolithic revolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X