I think this is heaven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is heaven

I just consumed close to a pound of forest fed pork with slabs of fat with my dinner and spent the next hour laying on the couch in absolute contentedness. If there is a heaven, it is that feeling. Amazing. I love primal eating.

And to make you even more jealous, at the same farm I also got straight up fat to make lard out of. I asked for five lbs and he gave me over ten and only charged me for the five. That works out to a little bit less then 75 cents per lb.

Point of interest too: my research seems to indicate that forest fed pork fat has a very good omega 6 to omega 3 ratio and is loaded with vitamin D.

What are the foods that leave you blissful?

Hamburgers. Even though they were just from conventionally-raised cows, the hamburgers my mom made last night are divine.

Feeling utterly content after eating is such a wonderful feeling.

Comment

Grilled rib eye steak-although haven't found anything primal that I dislike

Comment

Roasted dark meat poultry with the skin on. Perfectly fried salmon topped with either a buttery honey mustard sauce or fried eggs. Shredded cabbage and carrots, sauteed in tons of butter, seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, and onion powder. Thick-cut, crispy yet still chewy peppered bacon. Coconut milk creamed spinach with onions, garlic, and seasonings.
        Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 01-31-2011, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
          Shredded cabbage and carrots, sauteed in tons of butter, seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, and onion powder. .
          *drool*

Now I know exactly what I am having with my beef casserole tonight

My blissed out meal is ground beef, onions & tomatoes fried with enchilada spices served on top of salad greens and topped with a couple of fried eggs and a sprinkling of grated cheese and a spoon of sour cream. Yum yum yum!
          Bee
          Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
          Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
          My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

I had 2 pounds of filet tips at a restaurant in Angel Fire, New Mexico after a great day of skiing. My one regret is that I didn't order another pound, it was an all you can eat meal.
            ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Everything I have been cooking lately! well...except for the stuff I screw up.

Comment

Beef shank braised all day long with red cabbage. Top with sour cream and / or spicy mustard. My lord.
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

omg. i havent had breakfast yet today and now im starving from this post.

Comment

Working...
                  X