X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Chocolate Drought??

Nnnnnooooooooooooo ;____;

Will Chocolate SUpply Run Out by 2014?

Time to stock up and freeze? Please God let this be untrue.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it. People have been predicting the imminent end of honey and bananas for the past few years, and that hasn't happened yet.

Comment

If I keep my chocolate consumption at current, unsustainable levels, this just may come to pass.

Comment

Sounds like only the fair trade stuff is getting scarce.

Gordo

Comment

I've been buying some Lindt 85% in the past few days. It's still relatively cheap here.

Here is a link to keep track of cocoa prices: Monthly Cocoa Prices over the past 25 years.

Remember, inflation is going to play a large part as well. Bernenke is printing money like there is no tomorrow and like all moronic people in Washington, he actually thinks economic growth causes inflation, not money printing.

Comment

so this is a political issue rather than environmental. i wouldn't worry too much about the chocolate- business will find a way. it's really too bad about the people, though.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

It actually is a business issue: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/bu...chocolate.html I don't know the follow up as to how much "Chocolate Finger" made off of this bet but it did drive prices up independent of other factors.
              Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Theo stopped making their incredible Venezuelan 91% over a year ago because political unrest made it impossible to get a steady supply of the beans. Politics definitely impacts chocolate.

I keep hoping and dreaming that the regions in Southern America capable of growing chocolate will eventually see peace and cooperation. I would love to move their someday. As it is now I wouldn't even feel safe taking a vacation to most chocolate plantations in S America.

Comment

Working...
                X