Cinnamon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinnamon

Any ideas of how I could work some cinnamon into my diet.

The caveats are that I don't want to use heavy cream or coffee/tea.

Sorry, my head fell off when you said 'I don't want to use heavy cream'.
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
      Sorry, my head fell off when you said 'I don't want to use heavy cream'.
      Well, some people (have to) avoid dairy...
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

This is going to sound asinine... but if you want to work Cinnamon into your diet more... put it in/on food and eat it... 0.0

I like cinnamon on eggs or in Primal Pancakes...

you could probably make tuna patties with cinnamon...

ground beef with cinnamon is surprisingly tasty... if you allow honey/syrup add a little of that too ...
        sigpic

Comment

i sometimes rub pork with cinnamon, then slow cook it or braise it in apple cider. i also think cinnamon has it's place among a handful of other spices that can go pretty well in plenty of dishes with pork, chicken, turkey, etc. (i suppose lighter meats...at least that's what the taste buds in my brain are telling me) and spice rubs. you could probably spend a little time in the kitchen figuring out how it can play into any number of foods. in fact, i might do that this weekend.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I made Lebanese style stuffed zucchini this week. The zucchinis were cooked in a tomato sauce which had cinnamon in it. Yum.

Coconut milk smoothies with a dash of cinnamon, banana would be my first choice.

Sliced bananas with coconut milk , sprinkled with cinnamon.

You can also buy cinnamon capsules and take them like you would any supplement.
            Last edited by Adrianag; 01-21-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. Never thought of trying cinnamon with eggs.
              The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
              Blog
              sigpic

Comment

I really enjoy cinnamon on my scrambled eggs... ... cinnamon on any veggie with butter works too (my favorites are carrots or zucchini)... and cinnamon works on pretty much any fruit ( pan fried apple slices (in butter) and blueberries (in coconut milk) are my favorite)
                sigpic

Comment

It's great in curries and also on sweet potatoes (if you're on board with eating some starches).

And yes, cinnamon on eggs and bacon is CANDY! It sounds weird, but give it a try...seriously!

Comment

I like it for roasted orange veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.
                    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Ooo yeah...butternut squash... *drooool*... ... if you want an awesome treat... bake an acorn squash and bake one apple... smash the bejesus out of them in a bowl and add cinnamon... sooooo good!
                      sigpic

Comment

My parents, both in the late 70's, have been drinking warm glass (small juice size) of water in the a.m. with a small dollop of raw honey, a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon and within a month both have no pain in joints that were always bothering them.

I second the use of cinnamon on winter squash and sweet potatoes. YUMMY!
                        I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

I make sweet scrambled eggs almost every day - I use a couple eggs, a little almond milk, and a good amount of cinnamon. It's amazingggggggg.

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
                          ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
                          My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
                          Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

I never eat Greek yogurt without cinnamon. I also put it in pancakes, sometimes eggs, and on squash and related veggies. And on apple slices. I bet it would be good in the right sort of marinade, too.

Comment

I put cinnamon in all my smoothies.
                              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                              X