Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red marks left after Accutane - advice? (Pictures included)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw a commercial where this drug was recalled/taken off the market.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

Oh wow, I actually searched for this topic in my post history by chance today because I wanted to try some other things to help with the marks! They've improved a lot, but there's some days where they're a lot redder than usual and I can't seem to tell why.

I've ordered some emu oil and Vitamin C (with Rose Hips) and am already taking Zinc Gluconate (50mg a day, is 100mg safe to try?), Vitamin D (10,000iu a day) and Magnesium Citrate (400mg a day).

Honestly, I really wish that I wasn't forced to take the drug; the choice was 100% mine, but my acne was so severe, cystic and painful that I felt completely shunned everywhere. This all stemmed from a big sleep problem that I still need to fix, but there was no way that I could sniff it out when my self-esteem was utterly destroyed. Accutane has given me a second chance, regardless of whatever side-effects it may have had on me, and I'm thankful for that chance because now I can focus my attention on restoring myself.

Comment

Lol, I'm with QuirkyPixy. An acne.org'er and I too think that Samurai Champloo is absolutely excellent! Watched it twice

That aside, I've just waited for my red marks to disappear. It takes quite a while, but it does happen.
        I use Dan's BP (benzyol peroxide) and his AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) too. Just at night - not too often during the day. I think BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) is supposed to be helpful for red marks too.

Comment

I friggin' love Samurai Champloo; I'm planning on rewatching it soon, right after I catch up on 30 Rock!

Time definitely has helped me so far, I must say. I'm a lot more confident in going out without feeling so self-conscious now. The marks are barely noticeable in some pictures because they tend to look similar in colour to the rest of my skin as opposed to red and inflamed in others. I just need something to soothe it and all is well (fingers crossed for the emu oil!)

Comment

Um, I used to be coated in a layer of red boils, too. Putting things on your skin is pointless. Get more herbs, eat raw mint, green tea, green apples, dandelion, things like that. Seriously. Junk you put on top of the problem is just snake oil and a temporary fix. You've got to get to the root, the internal inflammation and bacterial havens.

On the dark side, if you wanted to create boils on my body, just feed me soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, refined white flour and hydrogenated oils. *poof*, instant pus party. As of now, I might have one tiny zit per week.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
            X