Lion meat, anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion meat, anyone?

Now, if only they'd get rid of the tacos.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=10700938
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

I liked the part where the US Feds say that any meat can be served as long as it isn't endangered. Tongue in cheek---how can it be endangered if it is already dead?
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

I have a couple sites where I've gotten exotic meat. I WISH I had the money for lion. So far I've gotten ostrich, kangaroo, alligator and antelope. They're the less expensive "exotic" meats.

Comment

I just had an internal battle with myself, half of me would absolutely eat a lion in hopes of becoming as fierce as one, another part of me wants to respect such a beast... oh no, this is what vegetarians must feel like.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

$8.75 for a taco made with lion meat? can't you walk into any college town and pick up some orange glazed alley cat for half that and be getting nearly the same thing?

@diana: what is kangaroo like?
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Kangaroo is quite comparable to venison. Very lean, extremely tender.

Comment

Diana - I tried kangaroo while I was in Australia and thought it was really tough. Maybe I had poor quality stuff...but the locals that I talked with suggested it is often tough.
              Now, the crocodile, that was good stuff.
              And, I just clicked on your Boarfest 2011 link - that sounds like fun!!! I wish I lived anywhere nearby so I could come.

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
                can't you walk into any college town and pick up some orange glazed alley cat for half that and be getting nearly the same thing?
                Mmmm orange glazed alley cat..drool...

I bet it tastes the same. I can't say I've ever tried cat though. And I wouldn't pay $4 for a cat taco.

Comment

Originally posted by melodious View Post
                  Diana - I tried kangaroo while I was in Australia and thought it was really tough. Maybe I had poor quality stuff...but the locals that I talked with suggested it is often tough.
                  Wow, really? Now... is it farmed or do they hunt it too? The stuff I bought was farmed. Maybe that is the difference? It would be fantastic if you were close enough to attend Boarfest. Nothing like chilling out with amazing Primal peeps.

Closest thing I've had to cat is raccoon. Quite tasty. If it were a feral cat... I'd eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    Wow, really? Now... is it farmed or do they hunt it too? The stuff I bought was farmed. Maybe that is the difference? It would be fantastic if you were close enough to attend Boarfest. Nothing like chilling out with amazing Primal peeps.

Closest thing I've had to cat is raccoon. Quite tasty. If it were a feral cat... I'd eat it.
                    probably age

anything more than 1.5 years is loses a lot of tenderness
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I'd prefer not to eat anything that might have eaten me.
                      my primal journal:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                        There's a brand of shark jerky sold here in California with the slogan, "Bite Back" on the package.
                        Last edited by Paleobird; 01-20-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

wow. i hadn't thought about shark.
                          my primal journal:
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                            If given the choice, I would prefer to be the one that sits back and burps.
                            Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
                              If given the choice, I would prefer to be the one that sits back and burps.
                              LOL! Me, too!

I think that the kangaroo was wild-caught. I'm not sure, it's been 6 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X