Ladies, HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies, HELP!

Ugh. I have not had cravings like this since I started Primal almost two years ago. Not even while I was pregnant.

All I want is sweet, tons of it. Don't care the form. BUCKETFULS of sugar.

Yesterday I started my period for the first time since I've had my daughter (nine months postpartum) and holy crap, the cravings! I mean it's bad. I'm tempted to eat a jarful of honey because it's the only sweet thing in the house.

How in the world do you deal? I'm getting a headache from thinking about how to get sugar. Seriously.

Try some cashews. They seem to satisfy my sweet-cravings. Or have some dark chocolate.

Comment

I blend some frozen blueberries with just enough coconut milk to cover them, a little vanilla, and some shredded coconut in a food processor. Seems to do the trick.
      * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
      Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

2000 mgs of the amino acid glutamine, 3x/day between meals does WONDERS for sugar and carb cravings! If you buy the powder form, taking a dose on your tongue will quickly knock out the sugar craving. It's also great for the brain and the gut lining.
        http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
          2000 mgs of the amino acid glutamine, 3x/day between meals does WONDERS for sugar and carb cravings! If you buy the powder form, taking a dose on your tongue will quickly knock out the sugar craving. It's also great for the brain and the gut lining.
          Any knowledge if it's okay to consume while breastfeeding?

Comment

Originally posted by QuirkyPixy View Post
            I blend some frozen blueberries with just enough coconut milk to cover them, a little vanilla, and some shredded coconut in a food processor. Seems to do the trick.
            That sounds pretty tasty. Too bad I have no berries in the house. I was trying to do 30 days of just meat and veggies. Oye.

Comment

Cashews may work. I LOVE them. I don't have any cashews or dark chocolate in the house right now (and the munchkin will be sleeping soon) so maybe I'll have to make a run tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thepaleochild View Post
                Any knowledge if it's okay to consume while breastfeeding?
                Yes, it's just an amino acid normally present in the body and food. It's fine to consume during pregnancy.

It may be worth it to consider some carby, paleo appropriate offerings like potato/sweet potato if that doesn't worsen your cravings. it used to for me but now 'just enough' can actually take care of them instead.

~fage yogurt with xylitol
                ~berries and whipped cream made with 1 pt heavy cream and the cold coconut cream from the top of a chilled can of coconut milk (whole foods brand works well for this)
                ~eggs with butter or butter/coconut oil mix

Sometimes for me, though not always, sugar cravings simply mean I need more fat or protein. Other times it really does mean that my body needs essentially a carb refeed.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Dark chocolate kills any sweet craving I have, and especially cycle related cravings.
                  The more I see the less I know for sure.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

I have cravings too. What brand of glutamine do you ladies suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by scubasam View Post
                      I have cravings too. What brand of glutamine do you ladies suggest?
                      I've always found Jarrow and Biochem to be great brands for amino acids. iherb.com has them at great discounts.
                      http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Chromium is also said to help with sugar cravings. Coconut butter, coconut flour pancakes, almonds, cinnamon, and young coconut milk give me that sweetness that I occasionally miss. Stevia might help too.

Comment

I am taking chromium and it hasn't helped with cravings, but is helping my sugar stabilize. Is L-glutamine the same thing as glutamine? Is it better in powder form or tablet form? Thanks!

Comment

I go for berries with coconut milk, cinnamon and a tad of vanilla extract.
                            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by thepaleochild View Post
                              That sounds pretty tasty. Too bad I have no berries in the house. I was trying to do 30 days of just meat and veggies. Oye.
                              Maybe too demanding of yourself while breastfeeding momma?

Comment

Working...
                              X