My issue with bacon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My issue with bacon

So the back story is that I haven't eaten red meat for 15 years and was vegetarian for the last four years. Well, two months ago I decided it just wasn't working for me and my health was failing. So, I have been eating meat for the past two months.

Anyhow, my issue with bacon... I can. not. stop. eating it. If it weren't for the guilt of eating my husband and kids share of the bacon I'd eat the whole 12oz. package of bacon myself. I think I have a problem.

I just had to share because I have seen around this forum that there are a few other bacon lovers.

How do you exert some self control?

Oh, for a minute there I thought you actually had some sort of problem with bacon, and was going to straighten you out.

But I can see now that you a perfectly normal.

Carry on.

Comment

Join the party! What's to control? (speaking as someone who baked a whole package earlier today and has it sitting in the fridge for snacks...)
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
        Oh, for a minute there I thought you actually had some sort of problem with bacon, and was going to straighten you out.

But I can see now that you a perfectly normal.

Carry on.

What he said!

Whew...

Comment

I didn't realize you weren't supposed to eat the whole package. I have been known to almost stab hands when someone reaches for the last bacon on the serving plate. I LOVE BACON!!!

Carrie

Comment

I think many of us had this experience when becoming primal. You're making up for lost time and your body is craving fats. It should settle down.
            The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

yup. bacon was definitely my gateway meat. then chicken. i could not get enough chicken.

it balances out. i'm 4 or 5 or 6 weeks into primal now, and. . .have balanced the meat out nicely. basic portions, lots of veggies. bacon a few times a week (save the grease, cook with it later!). good stuff. you'll find your way, no worries.

Comment

I knew if I bought a package of bacon, I'd be done for. Yep, I'm done for. Even though I bought the best I could find, the salt content is playing a bit of havoc with me. It sure does hit the spot though! Once its done, I'll probably lay off for a while, at least until I'm more settled in how I'm eating and won't go nuts over the stuff.
                Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Bacon! I've had it every day since I've been primal. But today I was just thinking that I wanted to change up my breakfast meat, so I was thinking about buying some ham steaks. I think I'll still have bacon in the house, though.

Comment

I went hog wild on the bacon when I first went primal (pun sort of not intended, but how could I not?) After 3+ years of 'watching what I eat' and ignoring bacon, I was so happy to be allowed to eat it again. I ate bacon eveyr day 2-3 times a day. Now I am more respectable and eat it only about 2-3 times a week.

Try making some homemade beef jerky, that stuff is like crack too
                    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
                      Try making some homemade beef jerky, that stuff is like crack too
                      I read that as bacon jerky.

I might have to experiment.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I am curious how the bacon-worshippers reconcile the Nitrates and other multi-syllable ingredients in typical bacon with the Primal Law Avoid Poisonous Things.

I can get actual smoked pork belly from my local meat co-op, and it passes the all-organic, grass-fed, minimally-processed test. But that stuff in the grocery store? Ugh!

Comment

I buy bacon with no nitrates? There are a couple natural lines of bacon available at the regular supermarket that claim to be nitrate free.
                          "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Comment

Originally posted by JBGrokerty View Post
                            I am curious how the bacon-worshippers reconcile the Nitrates and other multi-syllable ingredients in typical bacon with the Primal Law Avoid Poisonous Things.

I can get actual smoked pork belly from my local meat co-op, and it passes the all-organic, grass-fed, minimally-processed test. But that stuff in the grocery store? Ugh!
                            I can get bacon without nitrates* in my grocery store. It's not grass-fed, though.

*Except those naturally occurring in celery and something else...
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                            X