Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's sweet of you Iniquity. Some guys buy their gf chocolates, you buy her a pull up bar. Much healthier.

Comment

• To wear gloves while doing pull ups or not? That is the question. What do you all think? I tried using my old weight lifting gloves yesterday and it seemed like they got in the way more than they helped. Your experiences?

Comment

• I am firmly on the "not" side. Like your experience suggests, I think they'll interfere more than they'll help. But I have no experience using gloves in this kind of exercise.
        “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

• I vote "not" as well. You can get a tighter grip without them. Besides, callouses are cool and sexy.

Comment

• I am progressing really quickly with my negatives, it makes me so happy.
            Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
            Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
            Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
            Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• I'd like in if I can, I can do two now but I want to be able to do a lot more.
              I only started a few weeks ago and could not do any at all, I started when the simple fit thread began, if two counts me out then that's ok
              cheers
              My paleo food photos

Comment

• Originally posted by gunn parker View Post
                I'd like in if I can, I can do two now but I want to be able to do a lot more.
                I only started a few weeks ago and could not do any at all, I started when the simple fit thread began, if two counts me out then that's ok
                cheers
                Hi Gunn,
                From what I've heard, once you can do one or two, the rest come really easily like a snowball rolling downhill. Also if you made it from none at all to doing two in just a few weeks you are not nearly as pull up challenged as the rest of the team. Most people here are starting off with barely being able to hang on and do a negative without dropping like a rock. So, no I think you are way too advanced to qualify for the team.

I think I speak for the others though in thanking you for your interest and asking if you would be willing to share any training tips or other information that helped you get this far. Those who follow in your footsteps would appreciate any guidance you could offer along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
                  I am progressing really quickly with my negatives, it makes me so happy.
                  Yay Meg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    So, no I think you are way too advanced to qualify for the team.
                    Yeah -- Gunn, it seems the goal of this team/thread is to go from zero to at least one. You can do that already.

Regardless, be very proud of yourself for being able to do what you can do! Congrats.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• well, I'm late, but would like to join the challenge!
                      i can do a few assisted (with a big rubber band) pull ups but need to get over it and just do it. havent really worked on trying for about a year, ack!
                      primal journal - the book of meatabix / food pr0n

Comment

• Hey everyone!

Just wanted to check in and say "go team go!" Can't wait for the go ahead to get back at it. 4 weeks and I'll be trying out my new woody bands.
                        The more I see the less I know for sure.
                        -John Lennon

Comment

• Originally posted by bix View Post
                          well, I'm late, but would like to join the challenge!
                          i can do a few assisted (with a big rubber band) pull ups but need to get over it and just do it. havent really worked on trying for about a year, ack!
                          Not too late. I put you on the list. Welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
                            Hey everyone!

Just wanted to check in and say "go team go!" Can't wait for the go ahead to get back at it. 4 weeks and I'll be trying out my new woody bands.
                            Hi, LEM. Good to see you up and about. Rest until the doctor says it's OK, OK? I know I sound maternal. We just don't want you straining anything.

Comment

• My gf can now do pretty slow negatives, and now that I got rings she's been doing rows on that and progressing. A regular pull up is still far but I think a few more weeks of what she's doing and she'll get it. She's signed up to this as far as I'm concerned hahaha ...
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                                My gf can now do pretty slow negatives, and now that I got rings she's been doing rows on that and progressing. A regular pull up is still far but I think a few more weeks of what she's doing and she'll get it. She's signed up to this as far as I'm concerned hahaha ...
                                Check out the list on page 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X