Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hil View Post
    Cool. I like the jerry-rigged band bar. I will probably have to stick with my ax handle on shelf brackets jobbie that i have for now, which is fine. If i ever have your ease with pullups iniquity, i will be quite the badass chica.
    THE GOAL - ONE PUSHUP AND ONE PULLUP and then the world is mine
    It just takes dedication and time, go on youtube, type in "girl pull ups" or "women pull ups" and see how many women are out there doing them with ease after months of practice, many are doing them with extra weight strapped on their bodies! so it's very much attainable even if progress is slow.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Very interesting and helpful and doable, iniQuity.

I'm not sure how Rivvin is ever going to be able to top that hat.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
        Very interesting and helpful and doable, iniQuity.

I'm not sure how Rivvin is ever going to be able to top that hat.
        I'm really curious how the elastic bands would work so if you guys try it let me know. I'm going to ask my gf to give them a whirl. Oh and I have one more hat if Rivvin steps up.

Comment

• Great video! I can see how that would be good practice. But -- I take back what I said before. This is what I mean by bands:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TindO...eature=related
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I'd like to join. I think I did 10 two-leg assisted pullups last time I tried ... probably with too much leg assistance. I haven't tried negatives or even just hanging yet.
            “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Have you tried the chair two foot assisted ones? Even if they are heavily assisted, they are better than giving up.

Also, if you can't pull yourself to the bar how about pulling the bar down to you? Some bungee cords or surgical tubing and a broom handle suspended from what ever is handy, a tree, a beam, or looped over your pull up bar.

Hang in there.
              I haven't tried either of those things, not really sure why.

*shuffles off to drag a chair under the pull-up bar*

Comment

• Originally posted by inquisitiveone View Post
                I'd like to join. I think I did 10 two-leg assisted pullups last time I tried ... probably with too much leg assistance. I haven't tried negatives or even just hanging yet.
                Welcome. inquisitiveone. You are #52.

Iniquity, you are such a dear. Thank you for taking your time to help us out. I just want to kiss your silly little ear flaps.

What I was calling woody bands are just a brand name of the company Iron Woody's. They are like giant rubber bands, circular loops.

Comment

• Originally posted by katydid317 View Post
                  I haven't tried either of those things, not really sure why.

*shuffles off to drag a chair under the pull-up bar*
                  Keep at it. We ARE capable of this.

Comment

• I hate it when I have to take my own advice

I just got out there on my patio in the RAIN and did my pull ups (and this is a SoCal weather wimp talking). If I can do it so can you. Put down the mouse. Back away from the keyboard. The forum will still be there when you get back.

Ladies...........I'm talking to all of you.

Go. Do. Your. Pull-Ups.

Comment

• ok, fine. i'll get back to it, but it means i have to put my new arm balancing/inversion sequence on the back burner. geez, so bossy. LOL (i only say that because i'm so bossy. it's a projection!)

Comment

• YAY it may not sound like a lot but i managed 3 negative pull ups last night... small progress but progress none the less!

Comment

• Originally posted by runningwild View Post
                          YAY it may not sound like a lot but i managed 3 negative pull ups last night... small progress but progress none the less!
                          My gf has mostly been doing negatives too but progress is pretty fast with those. She's doing them in sets now and I can tell her excitement and motivation to train is growing with every session. She hasn't really done any assistance exercises but soon I'm going to have her try out what I did in the video.

Comment

• Note to self: Buy a pull-up bar tonight.
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              Welcome. inquisitiveone. You are #52.
                              Thanks! I attempted a negative this morning—I was unable to hold myself above the bar for any time, but I was able to control my descent a little bit. The second one was a bit slower than the first, too. I have my work cut out for me!

I also have a question. I've seen "don't work to failure" a few times in this thread, but I don't know what that means. Anyone care to enlighten me?
                              “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

• Paleobird, I can't remember if I said I was going to be in. I'm planning on trying!
                                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X