Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i went to the gym yesterday and after reading about pullups here i decided i want to be able to do some... I cant!

I'm in for the challenge - will let you know when i can do one

Comment

• Still not much progress for me, been doing negative chin-ups....can't even do a hold for pull-ups. I actually didn't know the difference until a few posts ago.

But.......I just bought me some Woody Bands online.....can't wait til they get here! I hope these will help me progress faster!!!

Comment

• Hi fellow pull-up challenged,
        Sorry, I've been tied up for a couple of days on jury duty (such fun!). kandc88 and runningwild, I just got you added to the list. The team now stands at 45.

Comment

• Well I'm having a bit of success! I can now get my nose over the bar! Thats a couple inches better than the last test I gave myself! Woot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
            Well I'm having a bit of success! I can now get my nose over the bar! Thats a couple inches better than the last test I gave myself! Woot!
            *Splutter!!* You're nearly there and it's still only January! You'll be doing sets of 10 before some of us can do even one!

Well done.
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
              Well I'm having a bit of success! I can now get my nose over the bar! Thats a couple inches better than the last test I gave myself! Woot!
              Woot indeed! Not that far from nose to chin. Keep at it.

Comment

• Even assisted I'm having trouble getting my chin over where the bar would be. I was wondering if anyone has worked on one of these: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:0,s:0 and if that may be why I'm having trouble.

Comment

• Sorry, I'm a bit confused - do you mean you *are* using one of these, and think its design may be hampering your success in some way?

I was vaguely thinking of buying something similar (though a bit simpler, like this: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/powe...aises/#reviews), but (a) I don't really have the space for it, and (b) I want to see that I'm actually making progress using just the very basic pull-up equipment I have before directing too much money and overenthusiasm at something like that. (My fitness history is littered with expensive mistakes that lay around the house and mocked me.)

What might the disadvantages be in using items like these?

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Well, have to admit, didn't make any attempts this week. Taking the kids for a day of skiing Monday and didn't want to be sore, LOL. Back to the task mid-week!

Comment

• Sigi, I am using that. The disadvantage is that the bar doesn't go all the way across. I don't know if the grip is too wide. It just feels like my body isn't mechanically capable of going much higher than I am, which I estimate at lip height.

Comment

• Ah, thank you Allbeef (or do you prefer Patty? ) - interesting to know.

What I'm really presently coveting is this: http://trapezerigging.com/PortablePullupBar/#buyit

I've read/heard many positive reviews of the product, and it looks to me exactly like what Mark uses in his Primal Blueprint Fitness video demonstrations. The portability/ease of assembly and disassembly would be awesome, but the expense is too great at the moment (especially as I would have to have it shipped internationally). So I am restraining my usual impulses and just fondly wishing at the moment ...

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• You can cal me whatever you'd like to.

I'd love to get one of those, or at least try to make one with fence posts.

Comment

• my pull up bar arrived yesterday - will pick it up from the post office later and have a go - wish me luck!

Comment

• Woohoo - good luck runningwild! Remember - don't overdo it on your first go. (Trust me on this... )

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• i watched marks explanation video on youtube. Trust me i will be starting small!

Comment

Working...
                                X