Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in. I haven't done an unassisted pullup since high school!
    Originally posted by runnergal
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

• Great! I put you on the list. 39 and counting.

Does anybody have any experience working with Woody bands for assisted pull-ups? Are you supposed to put your knee or your foot on the end of the band?

Comment

• I think I finally got the Woody Bands working right today. My pull up bar is higher than most because it hangs from an overhead trellis on my patio. What I needed was a sturdy step ladder to get up high enough to get my knee in the loop of the band without getting all twisted around. With the strongest band Woody makes, I can do about half a pull up, from hanging to arms at 90 degree angles. With one big toe on the step ladder plus that band I was able to get my chin over the bar.

My arms now feel like jello but that's a good thing, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          I think I finally got the Woody Bands working right today. My pull up bar is higher than most because it hangs from an overhead trellis on my patio. What I needed was a sturdy step ladder to get up high enough to get my knee in the loop of the band without getting all twisted around. With the strongest band Woody makes, I can do about half a pull up, from hanging to arms at 90 degree angles. With one big toe on the step ladder plus that band I was able to get my chin over the bar.

My arms now feel like jello but that's a good thing, right?
          Rock on jello arms, I`m right there with you! I did some assisted pull ups at the gym today, and some negatives. I feel AWESOME!
          The more I see the less I know for sure.
          -John Lennon

Comment

• Yep, I'm finding that the Woody Bands help with the negatives too. They help keep you from dropping like a rock while you build up some strength of your own.

It's feels good to be making some headway, seeing some improvement. A long way to go, but at least getting somewhere.

We've got 39 on board with the Challenge so far. Anyone else want in to make it 40? (The list is on page 3 if you want to check and see if a friend is in).

Comment

• jelly arms is good. give it some rest for a few days, but before the soreness goes away, give it a go with a "shorter" version. we're just reminding what the body what it is you're doing.

Comment

• So I managed to get to the playground today and I can do negatives fine without dropping - can hold at the top for a while, drop over 10 seconds or so - I did a few and on the first one went halfway down and was able to pull up again maybe an inch? NEEEEED my pullup bar installed - husband did the car stereo on the weekend instead... it IS very nice having decent music in the car so I can't get too annoyed...

Comment

• I'm in! My goal is at least 1 unassisted chinup by the end of the year, and hopefully 1 pullup too.
                  Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                  Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                  Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                  Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• When you are really sore, which goes away, try doing a super easy version of the exercise which made you sore, a few times as a stretch. It's the only thing that really relieves soreness - or a hard massage is good, but I think exercise is best.
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
                      I'm in! My goal is at least 1 unassisted chinup by the end of the year, and hopefully 1 pullup too.
                      Welcome! You are number 40.

BTW your avatar picture is just TOO cute.

Comment

• Do we have any graphic artists in the crowd? Paleobird and I were tossing around the idea of a cafe press t-shirt/tank top with some sort of awesome image and Primal Pull Up Challenge 2011 or something of the sort. Any interest!?!
                        The more I see the less I know for sure.
                        -John Lennon

Comment

• i know a kid or two.

Comment

• ok, so i need a goal as well.

i'm in. #41, i believe?

i can't do a negative as i don't have the strength to hold me up. can raise myself maybe half an inch? an inch from a dead hang.

using both feet.
                            Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrherring View Post
                              ok, so i need a goal as well.
                              i'm in. #41, i believe?
                              i can't do a negative as i don't have the strength to hold me up. can raise myself maybe half an inch? an inch from a dead hang.
                              using both feet.
                              Yay, Jenella! Welcome to the team. This is the year we quit screwing around and get it done.

Comment

• Hi Robin,

I'm in! Sorry to be late to the game... Not only can I not do an unassisted pull up, but I think the last time I *was* able to do them was in middle school.

This is the year to change that.

Thanks for the Challenge!
                                50 yo single mom
                                5'3"
                                Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X