Good news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news

Just got back from the Diabetic clinic in the hospital. The Doctor said that I'm the most well controlled diabetic he's seen in a long time, he said my numbers were all amazing. My blood sugar average came out at 5.3!!!!!

He kept praising me and seemed so stunned that somebody who's been diabetic for as long as I have (24 years) could be so well controlled and healthy. I explained to him about my low carb/paleo lifestyle and he told me to keep doing it. He did agree with me that the current recommendation for diabetics to eat lots of starchy carbs is wrong. I'm really happy to have found such a good, open minded Doctor!

Apparently my retinopathy is a lot better too. I'm really confident that I'll be able to get rid of it completely. :-) I know that it only came back because after I got married I let my diet go for a while and ate too many carbs which lead to fluctuating blood sugars- I will NEVER make that mistake again, low carb paleo is the way!

Congratulations! That is truly impressive, and your doctor seems like he has his head in the right place.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Awesome news!!!!

My husband is type II and he went on this after 3 yrs of being on pills and he's getting tired of taking them. He said he doesn't want to have that crutch anymore.
      Georgette

Comment

Congratulations! That is an incredible achievement on your part.

Comment

Amazing stuff - your hbA1c is better than mine, and I'm a big lanky hyperactive string bean with a pancreas like king kong
          My primal journal
          You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
          In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

Wowee! This is GREAT news.
            (Your HbA1c is better than mine too.)
            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Awesome news!!!

Just out of curiosity... what do you do for ze exercise? I'm curious about how that affects blood sugars as well and since you definitely are doing something right, thought I'd ask!!
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Woo hoo! That's awesome!
                carl's cave

Comment

Fabulous. And hopefully this doctor will REALLY get it, and your example will improve the health of countless more of his patients.
                  Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                  Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Yah!
                    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Inspiring.....hope mine is close to that next time I test.
                      Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

Comment

Very pleased for you luv,keep up the good work.
                        sigpic

Comment

StoneAgeQueen - awesome! I am very happy for you - you must be very proud! Great job!
                          ad astra per aspera

Comment

Thanks everyone.

In regard to the exercise, I don't really do much. I walk a bit and that's it really. I should probably think about doing something more, I just didn't want to do anything strenuous as when retinopathy is bad it can cause a haemorrhage.

Comment

Congrats!!! My son is diabetic and I'm hoping I can get him on the Primal bandwagon. I'll be able to use your story to inspire him.
                              ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X