X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often Do You Shower?

And has going PB changed that?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Every day, and my diet won't impact that. I find most people find it objectionable if I go riding and spend time with the horses, and don't I use a very pure glycerine soap though, and keep it to a minimum. I have found that after just a couple of weeks of going PB, my skin is less dry and feels softer, and my tattoos are brighter.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

As often as needed for cleanliness and not to smell, which is usually once a day or once every two days, at most I've gone 3 days but then I can't even stand myself.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I wash every day, but shower a lot less. Unless I've been doing a lot of first-fixing/chasing at work. Then I just want the dust and concrete out of my hair and off my skin. It's the lesser of two evils to lose som natural skin oil at the same time.

Comment

Once or twice a week? I wash my hair with ACV and Egg Yolk every 7-10 days, so I shower then. I also shower when I notice that I need to shave, so it varies--but I guess about once or twice a week.

Primal actually didn't bring this "odd" habit about. You know how some people say they always liked meat and fat, and they love PB because it allows for that? That's how I am with showering and soap, haha. I've never been a big "washer" but I've never smelled bad either. I love that Primal encourages less soap!

Edit: I will say though, that when pre-PB I used regular shampoo and conditioner and I lathered up with soap whenever I showered. Now I just rinse with water. This week, I've stopped soap in the pits (the only place I did still suds) and I'm trying a home deodorant. We'll see if it works out!

Comment

3 times a week max, but I've stopped using shampoo in my hair as of a week ago, and I don't really get to the point of stinking that often, so I'll probably be showering less.

Comment

Everyday morning and night, and every time after sex.

Comment

Once a day, with an occasional skipped day. Those skipped days are less frequent now I'm not using shampoo and almost no soap....sometimes that's too long between showers!
                Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Once a day everyday, sometimes twice. I use regular store bought soap and have never had skin problems. I love my showers, I really wouldn't want to give them up.
                  "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Comment

once a day, washing with water, and having gone back to shampoo for the moment. might go back to ACV for the hair.

no deodorant, though. can't stand the stuff. and i don't smell either. LOL

Comment

Everyday morning, and every time after sex.

So every morning.

Comment

Daily, though occasionally I'll skip a day or two on the weekend. Twice a day if I've been grappling with sweaty dudes on unwashed judo mats - yuck. I've always loved showering (my parents used to yell at me to leave everyone else some hot water) and find the warm water a pleasant way to wake up in the morning, not to mention the fastest way to fix my bed head. Also, I'm kind of stinky by nature

I can kind of justify it from the Primal perspective with the aquatic ape hypothesis, haha.
                        The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

I like to smell good, smelling good is nice. Soap is nice. Shampoo is nice. Whether grok used them or not is really not a concern to me. I'd rather imitate grok by swinging from trees and lifting odd objects, personally.
                          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

when i need to. keep in mind, i work from home...usually in my pajamas.
                            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Every day. Sometimes twice a day. I work around industrial chemicals.
                              ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X