The updated edition of the Paleo Diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The updated edition of the Paleo Diet

Has anyone read Cordain's latest edition of the Paleo Diet (Dec 2010)? Apparently people are saying he has modified his position on saturated fat. I don't know if he has modified it that much. He still says wild animals are lean and low fat and feed lot animals have excessive amounts of saturated fat. But does he mention pastured grass feed animals? Isn't there a difference in fatty acid profiles of pastured animals (grass fed beef) and wild animals (deer, elk, rabbits)?

Cordain confuses the issue through his choice of words. Saying grass fed animals are low fat is bullshit. Law fat compared to what? Compared to grain fed animals then certainly. Compared to most foods CW tells us are healthy then grass fed animals are high in fat.

His second fallacy is that he fails to ask whether the whole animal was ate all the time, or only when necessary. Kangaroos for example are low fat animals, but the natives only ate the fattiest parts, making their diet high fat despite their source low fat, by Cordain's poorly worded logic.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

considering I couldn't make it through his first book (snooooooooooooooooooooze...I and LIKE reading about this stuff!), I won't be making a 2d investment.
      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

There are quite a few paleo diets being promulgated in books and on the internet. Which paleo diet has been updated?
        Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
          There are quite a few paleo diets being promulgated in books and on the internet. Which paleo diet has been updated?
          Loren Cordain: The Paleo Diet

You can go to the Amazon site and "Click to Look Inside" and read the foreword and some of the beginning chapters. It is in the Foreword he makes his new point on saturated fat.

Comment

Working...
          X