Fasting cured my cold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting cured my cold

I started getting cold symptoms the day before yesterday. My whole family had been bad with it over Christmas- sore throats, slight fever etc. So when I woke up feeling like crap I decided to fast and now I'm feeling fantastic again!

Nice one. I credit fasting with keeping away the nastier symptoms of the bug that's circulating here - everyone else has been knocked for six, I've just had a slight cough.
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

Yep. It definitely works.

Comment

When I was younger and reading vege sites I heard about fasting. A few dry fasts of no food, no water and quick showering only cured my ears oversensitivity to wind and cold, which was like migraine. The longest dry fast was 3.5 days
        I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
        Yeah!

Comment

I've never done a dry fast. If I IF I usually consume water and some black coffee. I've green juice fasted for as long as ten days before with miraculous results. Fasting rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
            I've never done a dry fast. If I IF I usually consume water and some black coffee. I've green juice fasted for as long as ten days before with miraculous results. Fasting rocks.
            Do tell!
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
              Do tell!
              Curing kidney disease was the main one. Also killing my candida overgrowth in a matter of weeks when I'd literally tried everything else.

Comment

Whoa, that is actually quite miraculous.
                Blog
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
                  Whoa, that is actually quite miraculous.
                  It absolutely is. I thank my lucky stars every day.

Comment

How do you guys figure a fast “cured” your cold? I’m interested in hearing how that would work in an irrefutable science-y way. I fast almost daily and haven’t gotten one but I just attributed it to good luck.
                    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Don't really know but I imagine it's got something to do with cutting off the virus's food supply.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                        Don't really know but I imagine it's got something to do with cutting off the virus's food supply.
                        I don't know the first thing about microbiology but I seem to remember that viruses don't eat, as they are not live organisms (in the same way we are at least) I at least remember they don't really "eat"

Comment

One thing that could be is that if our bodies don't have to worry about processing food, they can combat the virus? though I'd imagine our bodies are better at multi-tasking than that. I meant it more as in a priority basis "deal with food first, deal with virus later" ... but again, anybody that can shed light on this please do. I'm skeptical for now.

Comment

IniQuity, I agree. Viruses don't eat. They just invade cells and use the cell's protein-making system to make more of themselves. But I suppose they must rely on a certain set of conditions in the host cells for that to work. Maybe fasting throws that off? Concentrates something in the cells?
                            Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                            Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

My guess has always been that without having to 'concentrate' on digestion, the body has more energy for fighting off invaders... but that could be bollocks.
                              Blog
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X