New shop for Aucklanders - Trader James

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shop for Aucklanders - Trader James

Just thought I'd let any other Jafas know that a new organic / bulk food shop has opened up.

I noticed them getting the shop ready a while ago, but yesterday was the first time that I've seen it open.
    I'm guessing that they're following the "Trader Joe's" idea, but I've never been to a TJ so it's just a guess

Lot's of big bags of nuts, dried fruit, etc. organic stuff like coconut oil. Free range eggs were cheap, $2.89 for 6.

No meat section yet though...
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

sounds sweet. perhaps they'll open it in wellington.

supposedly, moore wilson's is 'like TJs' but it's quite different from TJs. ah well. we do miss TJs.

Comment

speaking of NZ options, where would i get affordable blood work to check my D levels?

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
        speaking of NZ options, where would i get affordable blood work to check my D levels?
        Hey zoebird, I've been thinking about looking into that too. If I find out anything useful I'll let you know
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

awesome.

Comment

Where is this Trader James shop? I'm keen for a look-see.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
              Just ask your doctor to add it on to your blood tests. Of course that involves a trip to the doctor and having to pay I suppose, so not that cheap. I suppose you could ring medlabs or whatever they are down there and find out how much to do a single test?

Comment

My doctor charges $27 for a consultation and I did my bloodwork through him, that way you can get as many as you like. I contacted MedLab and it would cost $35 for just the D test, so better to the former I think, well in this country anyhow. If you are not registered with a GP it will cost more for a consult.

Comment

Working...
                X