Endangered species panther bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endangered species panther bar

Has anyone tried this kind of chocolate? It's 88%. Most of the reviews I read said it was disgustingly bitter and only suitable for baking, but I can chomp on it like it's sugary milk chocolate - not bitter at all. (And this is coming from someone whose main weakness is sugar.)

I like Green & Black's 85% and Scharffen Berger 99%. I'll see if I can find Panther. It's not dry or brittle is it? (My biggest chocolate pet peeve.)

Comment

Endangered Species is local to me, and I'm quite fond of it. My favorite is the Rhino bar, with microscopic specks of toffee in it (70% cacao, prolly not paleo). I've had the Panther bar before, and I find it very brittle, and a bit too bitter for my liking. 70% is about as high as I go, unless I"m making my own chocolate with 100% cacao and honey and coconut oil.

Robin's Roost
      My Primal Journal

Comment

I was hoping it was make with real panther.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
          I like Green & Black's 85% and Scharffen Berger 99%. I'll see if I can find Panther. It's not dry or brittle is it? (My biggest chocolate pet peeve.)
          I've tried Scharffen Berger before, although I'm not sure what the percentage was. It was probably the best chocolate I've ever had, soooo delicious.
          I'm not sure if the panther bar was dry or brittle, I didn't really notice. I'd have to eat it again to determine that, but I've eaten enough for a while so I won't, haha.

Comment

Panther bars are my favorite. 88% seems like just the right balance point. Not brittle at all and not sticky sweet. Plus you can feel good about your chocolate fix because the company donates money to endangered species preservation.

In fact, I think I'll go have some now.

Comment

I've had it. It was an average bar, and average dark chocolate is still pretty damn good if you ask me.

My favorite is trader joe's 85% chocolate lovers bar, though Green and Black's 85% is a close second because it's so smooth.

Comment

I like Panther.
                Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

"Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made of bits of real panther....so you know it's good."
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Endangered Species Panther is by far my favorite dark chocolate. For a while there I was having a square a day. Really yummy and not burnt tasting like a lot of the high % bars taste to me.

Comment

I just bought one, and I am really enjoying it.

Comment

I have some in the fridge right now! It's definitely a long way from baking chocolate. Not my favorite, but it's not bad. Doesn't hold a candle to the Green & Black 85%. Far and away the best dark chocolate I've had. Compared to that, the Panther bar is bitter. Heck, compared to the G&B the Endangered Species 72% bars are bitter.
                        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

The 88% Panther ES bar is definitely on my short list of go-to chocolate. G&B 85% is right up there too. Haven't tried Scharffen Berger 99% yet, but it is on my radar.
                          Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                          -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

I don't really like ES chocolate at all, haha. When I was vegan, I would eat a bar of it a day, and then I discovered how much I love G&B. The ES 88% dark isn't too bitter at all, but it's waaaaaayy too crumbly for my taste.

Comment

So much love for G&B! My aunt sent a bar for christmas, and I really couldn't stand it. It was 70% and tasted like bitter nothing compared to the 85-90% bars I had lying around. I might have to taste it again someday, it could've just been my tastebuds messing with me.

Has anyone tried newtree chocolate? The percentages are pretty low, so I don't eat them very often, but they have interesting flavours.

Comment

Working...
                              X