Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition urging Obama to recognize Darwin Day

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o...ition_KEY=2221

When are people going to realize the President isn't in control of anything? He doesn't even write his own speeches. He's given pointless ambassadorial busywork and has to leave the running of the country to corrupt bureaucrats.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I'm with you that Darwin was a great scientist but we don't have a Galileo Day or an Einstein Day or a Sir Isaac Newton Day. Let's celebrate the work of these pioneering thinkers by teaching it well in schools. Celebrating their birthdays seems a little pointless IMO.

Comment

heh heh and I thought it was going to be to celebrate the Darwin Awards, not his birthday
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
          heh heh and I thought it was going to be to celebrate the Darwin Awards, not his birthday
          Now THAT would be fun.

Comment

Darwin is over-rated... and a racist. Pass.

Comment

My post disappeared. Second attempt.

I've managed to control my passions and idiocies well enough to get through almost seven decades without causing too much damage to myself and others. Let me tell you, it wasn't always easy. How about a special day for me???

Diana: I didn't know that Darwin was a runner. Did he prefer distance or sprints?
              Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                What isn't mentioned in the popular media is that Darwin said that negroes (correct term for the time) were not as evolved as Europeans. He claimed they were in fact the missing link between man and ape.
                Last edited by Paleo Bill; 01-04-2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Darwin was not a great scientist. He took what was growing knowledge (his own grandfather held the same views at the time Darwin was born) and published them at a time when they were overdue to published. Read Darwinian Fairytales by D.C. Stove and then if we want to celebrate a great scientists why don't we pick a better one?

If, however, the point of Darwin Day is to stick it to religious people, then grow up.
                  A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Of all the things to be vocal about, this is what they choose?

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                      But darwin began the science of evolution and changed the world. Christopher Columbus was a horrible person but I still get a day off work in honour of him...
                      March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                      Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

He didn't begin the science of evolution. He codified the research of many others to coin the name for the theory. There is no science of evolution; there is a science of anthropology.

Comment

Working...
                        X