No announcement yet.

Did you get any primal christmas gifts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you get any primal christmas gifts?

Thought it would be interesting to hear if anyone got some primal loot this year ?

This was what I got:
    2 x ab-wheels: Awesome when the family doesn't talk about who's getting what Given it a roll a few times and I must say it is the first core exercise I actually enjoy doing.

2 pairs of hand-grippers: Got tired of my grip being the limiting factor in deadlifts! Luckily they were different strengths so I can progress.

A pair of push-up handles: Seeing a trend yet? It's good to be able to do something useful in my own room on days I don't go to the gym. The increased depth from using these things really targets the chest. Fun.

A mushroom collecting guide: "Avoid poisonous things" aye aye, still want to eat wild shrooms though!

Misc: A basket with dark chocolate, infused olive oil, nuts, tea. Yum.

Did anyone else get anything health/fitness/primal oriented?

I got a 25lb kettlebell and an immersion blender (homemade mayo, here I come!)
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I got a new dutch oven, yay!

ETA: Forgot about the gift card to the farm that we buy our meat from..
      Last edited by supersellen; 12-29-2010, 06:46 AM.
      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

I got a pair of vffs and an outdoor meat smoker. My husband got some 50lb dumbbells that I'll make use of as well. Oh, and my parents are giving me part of a deer that their friend hunted and is giving away. A very primal chrristmas indeed!

Comment

My wife gave me Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution and Art DeVany's book as well. She thinks they were "gag" gifts, but I am pretty excited about reading them.

Comment

snowshoes! and we just got dumped on, so i'm hoping for a good, long hike this weekend.
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I got some all natural bodywash, and a balaclava.

I just bought myself a doorway pull-up bar yesterday, though. Played around on it all last night and my arms are good-sore.
              carl's cave

Comment

Primal cookbook

Comment

A pair of Vivo Barefoot sneakers, the Primal Blueprint Cookbook, a gift certificate to US Wellness Meats, and a hot chocolate mix made of just cocoa powder and raw honey. Good times.
                  * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
                  Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

oh wait! how could I forget, my soft star ramblers. My favorite gift of the year! Most comfy shoes I own.
                    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

A gymboss timer.
                      A frozen moose steak.

Comment

Asked my husband for CalRopes (I think that is what they are called -- weighted ropes) and got them. First time I used them I was surprised at how much my heart was pounding! I thought it would be a great arm workout but it gets the whole system pumping.

Comment

A couple of amazing Shun knives that DH scored at a warehouse sale, and a gift card for Dick's Sporting Goods so I can go get a new sports bra and probably some additional dumbbells. Oh, and a pound of frozen ground elk meat.

Comment

the only primal gift I received was 2 smoked pork shoulders , southern BBQ at it 's finest !!!!!!
                            was really hoping for a pair of vibrams but the wifey got me two pair of saucony trail running shoes , not primal but much appreciated since I wear them out so fast .
                            oh yea and a kinda primal gift , got another dozen arrows and a few broadheads for the bow.
                            "Misfortune
                            can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
                            come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
                            new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
                            things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

"Good Calories, Bad Calories"
                              2 date nights (without child) (that's play, right?)

and LOTS of unprimal cookies, etc from family and friends. Not sure what to do with it all besides poisoning co-workers.

Comment

Working...
                              X