No announcement yet.

How did you find PB/Mark's Daily Apple?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you find PB/Mark's Daily Apple?

A little curiosity thread here. How did you find MDA? Through a friend/family member? StumbleUpon? Google?

I'll start.

I am a member of another blog, Art of Manliness. The editor of that blog interviewed Mark for one of of the AoM podcasts. Everything Mark said made so much sense that I become instantly enthusiastic.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Fellow members on the LiveStrong forums posted some links over to the blog. Once I read a few, I was hooked...spent the better part of the next week reading the blog exclusively, ordering the book, etc...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Stumble upon

Comment

My good buddy turned me on to it. I was following Weston A Price, Underground Wellness, and Robb Wolf before finding MDA.
        "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Buddy of mine from Muay Thai mentioned it. He got into a somewhat heated argument saying that on the diet the coaches had asked him to be (whole grains plus lean proteins) he lost weight (to make weight for a fight) but also lost muscle mass and that while following a Paleo diet he didn't lose as much muscle mass but still leaned out and he looked like I wanted to look like so I asked him more about it and he mentioned MDA.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

A link from this NZ low carb forum. There are lots of nice recipes there too.
            Odille
            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

A paleo guy was on The Colbert Report... it mixed my love for science and evolution with common sense...
              March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
              Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Comment

I also found MDA through Stumbleupon. Pity I had to uninstall it after getting two viruses from it.

Comment

I wish I could remember! I know I've been getting emails for months, but have no memory at all of this site or signing up for it. Maybe a friend put my email in there - if they did, I sure wish I knew who to thank!
                  Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

My crossfit gym did a nutrition challenge and I started looking into paleo stuff. In the process of reading everything I could find on the internet I ended up here.

Comment

I think I found it when googling some health issues. Thank heavens. It's improved my health so much and added years to my life. The doctors found nothing and just said 'more fiber'.... it was Mark's thorough exploration of issues around wheat and other foods, and readers who shared their experiences in the forum, which prompted me to make the changes and discover what was really going on.
                      If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                        A paleo guy was on The Colbert Report... it mixed my love for science and evolution with common sense...
                        I remember that interview. Do you remember what the guy's name was?

I found MDA through Dr. Harris' blog, which I found after reading about it on a competitive shooting forum.
                        Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                        Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                        LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                        HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                        TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

I was a runner logging 7 miles daily when I quit losing fat. I lamented to my fellow runners on the Runners World forum. One of the members pointed me to MDA since I liked food and cooking. Been here ever since.

Comment

a friend of mine turned me onto MDA and fitness black book when I asked for his help with losing weight . he had been visiting both for a year
                            "Misfortune
                            can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
                            come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
                            new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
                            things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

I found the book first, on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                              X