I miss Stabby.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss Stabby.

The forum has been missing something for a couple months, whatever happened to ol' Stabby?
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

probably got a life.

Comment

touche.
      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by supersellen View Post
        The forum has been missing something for a couple months, whatever happened to ol' Stabby?
        I'm missing him too. And SerialSinner.

I emailed Stabby maybe a month ago and he said he was just taking a media break for a few months.

Not the same place here as it was last spring and summer. That's probably me just viewing the past through overly rose-colored hindsight lenses though. I think. Maybe.

I *really* really miss it but I am getting more done now...so that's good.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

LOL Darth!

I miss him too. I search his old posts seeking answers to some of my current questions--he is an amazing resource.
          My Before/After Pics
          Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
            Not the same place here as it was last spring and summer. That's probably me just viewing the past through overly rose-colored hindsight lenses though. I think. Maybe.
            This is a typical phenomenon in any online forum, really. Oldtimers remember the "good old days" when things were a certain way and it was the Golden Age of the Forum. Newbies don't understand what the oldtimers are on about because to them, the forum is awesome the way it is now. Built out of interactions between individuals, as these fora always are, the rate of change is both inevitable and near-immediate. For some oldsters, "the good old days" might be two months ago. For others, it might be two years.
            Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
              This is a typical phenomenon in any online forum, really. Oldtimers remember the "good old days" when things were a certain way and it was the Golden Age of the Forum. Newbies don't understand what the oldtimers are on about because to them, the forum is awesome the way it is now.
              I've been here only a couple of weeks (lurking, then registering) and I've read through the archives and that Stabby person was very interesting/amusing.
              However I've been member of several boards (going back to prehistoric internet) and it happens EVERY TIME...Griff is right. What's nice is knowing that one's humanity can cross these cold data tubes just enough to make so someone far away may miss you.

Comment

Yeah, I realized I hadn't read anything in a while about cows brain smothered in fish fat LOL, those posts always made me laugh.
                I wonder what happened to Grol too. He was doing so awesome and then just dropped off the forum
                A media/internet break for a while actually sounds like a good idea...

Comment

This place needs more offal freaks. Come back Stabby
                  Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Yeah, I guess everybody needs a break. And, come to think of it, it's kinda primal.... going without the online thing for a while!

I miss them too... and frankly it's been a bit cranky lately.

Or maybe that's just me... (damn kids get off my lawn!)Heh...
                    sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

I bet Stabby is lurking.

Comment

Griff and Pluto. You are so right. Been doing this since '97 in various locations online so while I absolutely recognize it, this feels different to me.

I guess it's because this is the first time where I've found like minds to discuss my core interests of evolution, evolutionary psychology and nutrition all in one place with tons of interest and room for my other interests of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, midwifery and parenting--from a more scientific, evolutionary perspective. Finding all that in one place is something I've *never* found before.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I am by no means an old timer, having only been on this forum for 6 months or so. But, having participated in other forums, the tides seems to change very rapidly here. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I did enjoy things a bit more when the conversation was a bit more friendly, supportive, and science-oriented, not just a shouting match.

Comment

Stabby will return once he feels the need to "stab conventional wisdom in the face".
                            sigpic

Comment

This forum is a friendly forum. Always has been. This forum sometimes has those 'shouting matches'. Always did have them. It's always been fun and, if you make a habit of checking everything and everybody, very informative.

Some of the missing mentioned here were some of the greatest sources of contention for me, but they are among the most missed members because I often learned more from dialogue with them then with others who just agreed with me on something.* The contention was due, not to personal dislike, but to battles to hold on to some things we were certain were true.

When people just pat each other's backs and caress one another, there is no knowledge gain. You can never learn what you are missing if people always smile and say, "That's nice."

It sometimes takes contention to force learning and change entrenched ideas. If something doesn't seem to fit your scheme, stand up a proclaim your ideas. You will either see where you need to grow or help someone else learn something.

Throughout history, that is how knowledge grew, so why not here?

*Some people always call out for references. That is counterproductive for me. If someone reads my references they most likely will come to my conclusions. No help for me to learn how true something is that way. Refute me if you can, it will be good for me, but do it with your own arsenal of data.
                              Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Working...
                              X