Most Common Primal Newbie Mistakes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Common Primal Newbie Mistakes?

What do you think are the biggest mistakes that Primal Newbies make when adopting this (lifestyle? diet?)? I've only been doing this about 2 months now, and I'd love to hear from some of you Primal Veterans'...
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Obsessing.

Comment

Have you seen this thread? I think it is pretty on point. I especially agree with number six - don't tinker with the diet right away. I am almost 5 months in and still fight the urge to keep changing things....even though the diet is working perfectly just as it is!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...advice+newbies
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Not eating enough fat. Eating what CW says is "healthy" and then wondering why you don't lose weight. Not eating enough fat. Not being kind to yourself. Oh, and did I mention not eating enough fat?

Yeah, that's the stuff I keep seeing.
        Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Eating too much fruit may have been a problem for me.

Also, not exercising because the weight went off so quickly that it was hard to be motivated to run around. I'm still working on both of these things.

Comment

Using too many sweeteners
            Too much snacking, especially on nuts
            Too much dairy
            Trying to be Jesus and play the saviour
            Looking down on people and their CW practices that you were mired in just a few weeks earlier.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Too much dairy.

It is such an easy and convenient source of protein and Fat that people do the cottage cheese thing/greek yogurt thing to excess.
              ad astra per aspera

Comment

Not treating all 10 PB laws with equal gravity then wondering why it doesn't work
                Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                  Obsessing.
                  Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  Trying to be Jesus and play the saviour
                  Looking down on people and their CW practices that you were mired in just a few weeks earlier.
                  This.
                  Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
                  Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
                  No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
                  Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

I know for me it was (and still kinda is) clinging to the fundamental CW concept of fat=bad, as Griff mentioned above. I still struggle with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                      Not eating enough fat. Eating what CW says is "healthy" and then wondering why you don't lose weight. Not eating enough fat. Not being kind to yourself. Oh, and did I mention not eating enough fat?

Yeah, that's the stuff I keep seeing.
                      agree, still struggle with this.

Originally posted by peril View Post
                      Not treating all 10 PB laws with equal gravity then wondering why it doesn't work
                      and I really struggle with this. I guess the food is the hardest part, but I need to develop discipline with the rest.

Comment

A lot of great suggestions for sure.

The things I see most are:
                        1) Thinking calories don't count, ever.
                        2) Trying to IF too soon.
                        3) Leaning on Primal substitutes too much.

Comment

my 10c worth ?
                          1. standng on the scales every day and agonising
                          2. cutting out food altogether rather than focussing on eating the right amount of the right thinks
                          3. forgetting to exercise esp the move slowly part which is counter to our gym junkie mentality
                          4. sweating the small misses
                          5. religious fervour as applied to primal !

Comment

i'm throwing in the 'not enough fat' vote
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

- Trying to IF way too soon.
                              - Doing Atkins, not Primal. This is a produce-based WOE.
                              - Way too much dairy, nuts, and booze.
                              - Weighing themselves often and otherwise being OCD about numbers and nutrient tracking.
                              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                              X