Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a bastard!

Not sure, but this may be a kiwi thing.

For the first time in ages i was really hungry come 2pm, only had a small breakfast which may explain it.. but we have a burger chain in new zealand called burgerfuel which boasts the helthiest version of everybody's favourite! Essentially gourmet burgers.

I was so hungry i caved and bought a burger that they call th "bastard" = 1/3 pound ground beef, melted chedder, bacon, beetroot, mango avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion, relish and aioli, all in a fresh wholemeal bun. Obviously i ditched the bun, but must confess that i did take a bite of the lot first for the full experience. And to be honest it was much better without it! It's the first bread i've had in well over 6 months and it just didn't feel right, stuck to my teeth and the roof of my mouth.

Everything else was delicious though :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

LOL! Not at all what I thought this thread was concerning!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

:-D
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Oh yum. Mango avocado relish and aioli - mmmmmm.

I thought it was about something else when I saw Bastard and kiwi...

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
          LOL! Not at all what I thought this thread was concerning!
          Weird. I had a pretty good feeling it was going to be about either food or a workout.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

i have only been to burger fuel to use the bathrooms. very clean.

Comment

Now that sounds like a good burger!!
              ~*Lori*~
              my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
              my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
              CW 192

Comment

Sounds great. Little light on the beef, though.

Red robin has grass fed beef, and ostrich burgers.

Comment

That sounds awesome!
                  The beetroot sounds odd to me and my stomach can't quite handle the raw red onion, But I'll take it anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by erikJ View Post
                    That sounds awesome!
                    The beetroot sounds odd to me and my stomach can't quite handle the raw red onion, But I'll take it anyhow.
                    Beetroot sounds like something I would do in private.
                    Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                    Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                    LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                    HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                    TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

it's kiwi special, apparently. nearly all burgers come with beet.

Comment

Must be a remnant of their British past....Brits LOVE their beetroot.
                        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Beetroot is an essential ingredient in the traditional Aussie burger (bun, beef patty, beetroot, tomato, lettuce and tomato sauce - onions, cheese, pineapple, egg, bacon as extras). Alas, today's youth know only what the multinationals offer
                          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Beetroot on a burger is an oddity to the Americans for sure, but I am game to give it a go. Sounds incredible! Hopefully, it's so big I can't even get my mouth around it. I'll have to remember this for when I go to NZ.
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by erikJ View Post
                              That sounds awesome!
                              It's an Austealia and New Zealand thing, and it's not bad!

Comment

Working...
                              X