Excessive ear wax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive ear wax

I frequently get so much ear wax in my right ear that I suffer hearing loss. That seems to run in my family. (Not necessarily the right ear.) Not a problem to get out with standard was removal kit.

Grok obviously couldn't pop out to the drug store for a kit. I wonder if something I am eating, not eating, doing, not doing causes this. I have googled but no luck.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I've heard that if you have good omega 3 oils (fish oil, krill oil) that the wax will be less likely to cake and build up. I'm not at all sure just how one would set about proving that.

Comment

Of you eat dairy, drop all but butter, or drop all of it. For me, it was a manifestation of a dairy allergy that caused that.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Do your ears feel wet at times? I have numerous food intolerances and if I get contaminated my ears are wet and clogged the next morning. Also candida can cause excess ear wax. Your plan of action would be to completely remove all potential allergens, including dairy, and get some good probiotics.

You could try using coconut oil to soften the wax.
        http://www.ehow.com/about_4606877_oi...l-ear-wax.html

Comment

Queen,

Which probiotics are good, in your opinion?

Best of health to all,
          Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
            Queen,

Which probiotics are good, in your opinion?

Best of health to all,
            Grizz
            3lac is excellent, if a little expensive.

Comment

The wet ears thing is from hypothyroidism. Julia Ross discusses this in "The Diet Cure."

I agree about the dairy. It causes a lot of ear/sinus issues for those who are sensitive to it, myself included.

Queen: Did you know there is now a 5lac?!
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post

Queen: Did you know there is now a 5lac?!
                Yes I did know that but I haven't tried it.

My thyroid is definitely ok though.

Comment

You don't use Q-tips, do you? Those just compact the stuff more.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                    You don't use Q-tips, do you? Those just compact the stuff more.
                    No Q-tips.
                    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

If you do want to get rid of it pretty post haste, I recommend this thing. It works wonders and has a guard to make sure you don't shove it too deep in the ear.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                        Do your ears feel wet at times? I have numerous food intolerances and if I get contaminated my ears are wet and clogged the next morning. Also candida can cause excess ear wax. Your plan of action would be to completely remove all potential allergens, including dairy, and get some good probiotics.

You could try using coconut oil to soften the wax.
                        http://www.ehow.com/about_4606877_oi...l-ear-wax.html
                        Thanks. I don't think my ears are wet when I'm awake. Unfortunately, I seem to have to sleep on my side. So they may be sweaty when I am asleep. (I have trouble sleeping on my back, although I know it is better for my back. I used to be able to do it and doing so helped clear up spinal issues. Can't seem to now, despite trying all the standard sleep recommendations. I sleep very well on my side.)

I think allergens/air quality are a factor. Unfortunately, the air in Sacramento is pretty bad. Pollutants and allergens. As for dairy, guess that's a trade-off thing. Not giving it up.

I have gotten out of the habit of doing probiotics. Will put that on my to do list. And try the coconut oil.
                        Ancestral Health Info

Comment

Originally posted by Hedonist View Post
                          Grok obviously couldn't pop out to the drug store for [an earwax] kit.
                          It turns out that chewing helps move the wax out. Grok did more chewing than most modern people do - gnawing on bones, eating lots of raw food. Perhaps he didn't get excess earwax.

And maybe maybe the tribal herbalist knew treatments if he did.
                          Ancestral Health Info

Comment

My preferred probiotics are (and I rotate the purchase of them)

Garden of Life Primal Defense

Dr. Ohhira
                            Now Gr8dophilus

side note: My preferred digestive enzymes have switched.
                            General use (only as needed): Now Digest Platinum instead of garden of life Ozyme (Ωzyme) and garden of life betaine only as needed.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                              My preferred probiotics are (and I rotate the purchase of them)

Garden of Life Primal Defense

Dr. Ohhira
                              Now Gr8dophilus

side note: My preferred digestive enzymes have switched.
                              General use (only as needed): Now Digest Platinum instead of garden of life Ozyme (Ωzyme) and garden of life betaine only as needed.
                              Thanks!
                              Ancestral Health Info

Comment

Working...
                              X