Sinus infection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinus infection

I caught a bad cold when I was in the U.S (first one in years) and I'm feeling better now, but my sinuses are congested and full of mucus. Any ideas on how to combat this without the use of anti biotics?

People seem to stop having that when they stop dairy, try it for a few weeks? My nose is clearer though in all honesty I can't say that it was a mess before...
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

this may sound a bit quack-ish, but i've heard that doing a headstand for a few minutes can really clear up sinus problems. i haven't really had the chance to test it...but it might be worth a shot
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I am fighting a sinus infection myself. First one in maybe 6 yrs since going gfsf! I used to get them regularly and take anitbiotics to combat them. Not good.
        Now, I use a Colloidial Silver nasal spray and put a few drops of tea tree oil and eucolyptus oil on the floor of the shower when I take one in the morning.
        This usually helps right away.
        Feel better soon!

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'll try the eucalyptus and tea tree oil, not sure I could manage a head stand.

I suspect that I could have problems with dairy, and my sinuses were made worse by eating a lot of rubbish when I was on holiday. I've decided that I'm going to cut dairy out in January, not sure I'd want to start so close to Christmas.

Comment

Nasal irrigation - you can use a Neti pot. It's kind of gross, but in a fun way.
            The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Be careful with nasal irrigation and sprays... I ended up giving myself a sinus infection with too much!

Comment

Originally posted by theholla View Post
                Nasal irrigation - you can use a Neti pot. It's kind of gross, but in a fun way.
                +1 http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus...re-9/neti-pots

Comment

+1 on tea tree and eucalyptus. I would float 1 or 2 drops on a bowl of steaming hot water, dump a towel over the top and inhale the steam. Truly brilliant for clearing the chest in record time, but pretty good for sinuses too.

Also, chicken soup! With added hot spices if possible, as they thin the mucus and get things moving. The most potent cold remedy I know has the innocent-sounding name of 'Elderflower and Peppermint Composition' and is actually full of hot pepper. It's a little bit like a flamethrower.

Comment

There is a xylitol based nasal spray. I'd say that plus irrigation would help.

Comment

Originally posted by theholla View Post
                      I recommend this too. I have bad sinuses, and the neti pot is one of the best ways I've found to fight infections and flare ups. I don't use it when my sinuses are behaving, since I've read that you shouldn't keep it going all the time. But when my sinuses misbehave (and they've been much better since I went primal), I get it right out. Anyway, I'm a strong believer in the neti pot. I got mine at CVS for like 11 or 12 dollars, so they aren't expensive.

Comment

I megadose on Vitamin D for a few days (like 40,000 IUs/day) when I am feeling on the verge of being sick. I think Cillakat has used this approach, too.
                        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

One more here for the Neti pot, not only will it help get rid of it, but it will give you some instant relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                            I megadose on Vitamin D for a few days (like 40,000 IUs/day) when I am feeling on the verge of being sick. I think Cillakat has used this approach, too.
                            I haven't done mega doses of Vut D before but am quite interested in this due to my D levels being in the pits. I do however, do megadoses of Vit C daily (adrenals) and double it when I am getting sick. I take about 20,000 mg daily. It has kept me healthy for over a yr until this last mo.

Comment

this stuff is awesome http://www.food.com/recipe/nasal-sinus-wash-70486 be prepared to blow like crazy
                              True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                              The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Working...
                              X