For my PB friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my PB friends

Went to the international market here in Las Vegas today....when I saw this, I thought of you all. If anyone wants me to send some, either plain or with legumes, let me know. Yum yum!

Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Lol. That reminds me of this horrid vegan diner I saw featured on Travel Channel in some top diner countdown thing. Their specialty was basically a gluten sandwich. Pure wheat gluten (seasoned, dyed red with beet juice and thinly sliced to look and taste like roast beef) between bread. I about cried.

Comment

*gag*
      ...I...
      *gag*
      switching threads...
      Calm the f**k down.

Comment

LOL I've had that before, back when I was vegan. I got the peanut kind... the sauce is pure sugar, too.

Comment

What do you do with it? How do you eat it?
          Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
          ~Borges

Comment

Microwaved, side of white rice.

Comment

I also got "Gluten Sausages". They were like 6 inch long rolls of gluten. You slice them and stir fry them or whatever. I'd eat those with a flour/nutritional yeast "cheese" sauce and chili.

Comment

o.O... errrrr... yeah....
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

They have "sosa-jizz" made mainly of gluten in my local "health food" store. The new owners are gradually replacing everything natural, whole food, high in fat with processed low fat soy junk, vegan fake cheese, etc. - higher margins I guess! How much money can you make off of organic kale anyhow?
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                    "sosa-jizz"
                    Somebody did *not* make food called jizz, right?? You're kidding?
                    ~Borges

Comment

HAHAHHAHA.

Yeah, I used to go to this (supposedly) very healthy vegan cafe/bakery in Austin (always very crowded) and would have some sort of fake meat main dish made of gluten and a "healthy whole-grain with no processed sugar" cookie... and never could understand why I felt so badly afterwards and had to go lay down and take a nap. I was eating healthy!

I have to laugh at my former self.
                      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                      X