No announcement yet.

gals over 50?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been back in a couple weeks because I have NOT been able to get my Primal going.
    Terrible, I know.

So far today I have not eaten anything, so I'm going to try again for today.

Not going well here ! I'm going to try again!
    June 21st, three weeks later

Comment

• Originally posted by Cletc View Post
      I haven't been back in a couple weeks because I have NOT been able to get my Primal going.
      Terrible, I know.

So far today I have not eaten anything, so I'm going to try again for today.

Not going well here ! I'm going to try again!
      June 21st, three weeks later
      This is exactly the time you need to keep coming to the boards. It can only help you get your mind into the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dellastreet View Post
        Hi all -
        Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I am lucky that my grown son lives with me and after eating vegan at home these past few years, he is happy to have meat back on the menu! Plus, he wants to be more cut and is generally happy with our going primal (I do the cooking, so whatever kick I'm on, he ends up on it, at least for dinner), though I expect he will still want his rice and some spaghetti. One of our local stores has a fantastic meat department and we get local meats, some organic/grass fed and things like sausage and ground meat made right in the store, so I'm fortunate that way. I don't have to eat soy Frankenfoods any more.

I use Fitday, which I think will help me stay honest with myself about what I'm eating. It also seems to help me plan out my meals - I can tell from what I've had earlier in the day what I should have for dinner. I can put in my options and see how they stack up. I also got Robb Wolf's book, Mark's quick cook book as well as a family cook book by Sarah Fragoso, PB, and Gary Taubes' two books. Kindle for iPad is a wonderful thing! I'm the kind of person who jumps in and does a lot of research, so the more I can read, the more sites I can visit, the better I feel about what I'm doing.

Still, a lot of my identity was tied up in being vegan. There's a whole community there, people I really like and causes I have supported for years. I expect to continue supporting the animal welfare causes, but the identity thing will be hard to shake. I don't think I'm up to eating meat in public just yet. I'm in a small town and see the same people frequently. I really don't feel like having a big discussion (pro or con) over what I'm eating while I'm at a restaurant or eating with co-workers.
        You might want to add "The Vegetarian Myth" and "Deep Nutrition" (Amazon.com: Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food eBook: Catherine Shanahan MD: Kindle Store) to your reading list. Great books.

Comment

• Originally posted by me jane View Post
          This is exactly the time you need to keep coming to the boards. It can only help you get your mind into the game.
          Yeah that or paralyze me with depression.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm back!

Comment

• I did my No Grains Day #1 yesterday
            Yay
            Day 2 I've done a few times.
            It's Day #3 that gets me feeling terrible and I go back to grains
            So we'll see how Thursday goes for me!

Comment

• ladycarnivore, your story is awesome and inspiring. Especially the part about being med free. wtg!!!

You'll find the members on this site very helpful if you have any questions about PB living. Or even just living in general. Glad you found the site and hope you enjoy it.
              Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• Welcome! Congratulations on your successes!
                Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                CW: 146.8 lbs
                GW 140 lbs
                A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• That is pretty darn impressive. Welcome to the "lady silverbacks" club.

Comment

• You are inspirational, ladycarnivore!! Welcome to the club!

Comment

• I'm female and 47, so getting there. I also have a blog. I have several health issues that I'd like to address: rheumatoid arthritis, fibromylagia, migraines, and rosacea mainly. I've been diagnosed with diary and gluten intolerance. In a nut shell, I'm doing PB for health reasons--I'm quite thin and hope that I don't lose weight! I've reintroduced raw cultured dairy products and that's going quite well, though perhaps not strictly primal. I'm not doing any grains, and am quite low on sugar. Meat, eggs, fat, cultured raw dairy, veggies, fruit, and nuts. I've only been doing this for two weeks or so, and I've already seen changes in my body. I look more trim and feel better, and I have a better attitude on life. My journal is "Shell by the Seashore," so feel free to read and comment.

Comment

• Hi Shell!
                        Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                        Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                        CW: 146.8 lbs
                        GW 140 lbs
                        A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• Very nice, ladycarnivore! You show just what can be done, even with multiple medical issues. I hope I am as successful as you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cletc View Post
                            I did my No Grains Day #1 yesterday
                            Yay
                            Day 2 I've done a few times.
                            It's Day #3 that gets me feeling terrible and I go back to grains
                            So we'll see how Thursday goes for me!
                            Hang in there, it's worth it! And it helps if you clear out your pantry!

Comment

• I started at 234.4 lbs and as of today I weigh I am at 165lbs..but the best news is that I am med free!!After over 20 years of daily medications I just ended my last ones 6 weeks ago and my heavens it feels good to be free..
                              Wow, Lady C congratulations! You need to send this success story in to Mark, we need more women role models for the newbies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                                Wow, Lady C congratulations! You need to send this success story in to Mark, we need more women role models for the newbies.
                                Ditto that!! Wonderful work!

Comment

Working...
                                X