I Made Bacon Soap Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Made Bacon Soap Today!

We have been collecting and saving bacon grease and have way more than we could possibly eat stored up in the refrigerator. Today I took out about a pound of bacon grease and turned it into soap. I have tried uploading some pictures of the process - hope this works! It was fun. Can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when they get bars of bacon soap for Christmas.
    Attached Files

cool idea. btw, the pictures didn't work. just remember not to give these to any muslims or jews.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

That's the best thread subject I've read in a while. I tell you, at this rate, bacon's going to become more ubiquitous than the ipod.
      My primal journal
      You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
      In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

this makes me want to start making soap again ha

does it have a scent or did the smell get burned off?
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake View Post
          That's the best thread subject I've read in a while. I tell you, at this rate, bacon's going to become more ubiquitous than the ipod.
          HAHAHAHA I have been spreading some serious bacon love around my campus lately; I've become the snake-oil salesman of bacon essentially
          My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

i fully endorse this product and/or service
            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

The pictures of bacon grease finally got approved! As far as the scent goes, it sure smelled like bacon when I melted the fat. However I caved and added some eucaplyptus, lavendar, and tea tree oils to turn it into deodorant soap. I have no need to use deodorants when I wash with homemade soap made with those essential oils. I didn't really want to go around smelling like bacon (at least any more than I already do!).

Comment

BTW, that is actualy 2.75 lbs of bacon grease in that picture. That is 1250 grams of bacon fat - which is 1.25 kg x 2.2 = 2.75 lbs.

Comment

This is just full of Awesomeness

Comment

Very cool!

Barb... your bacon fat looks MUCH more "clean" and pure than mine. Any tips??
                    sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

After cooking bacon, we strain the fat through a fine wire mesh strainer as we pour it into a jar. It takes out all the little bacon bits and crispy stuff. The operative word here being "fine" mesh.....

Comment

Barb's is probably made with better bacon.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/da14/
                        Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
                        ~Borges

Comment

Why was there BACON IN THE SOAP!??
                          (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxCxg6LuVg)

sorry, couldn't help myself :P

Comment

Originally posted by say_rahhh View Post
                            Barb's is probably made with better bacon.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/da14/
                            But I bet this wasn't made from real bacon.....looks like food coloring to me!

Comment

The bacon that Barb uses is Jowl bacon. Very fatty and delicious. It is cheapest bacon we get from the meat guy because most people want leaner bacon. There loss, our gain.

Comment

Working...
                              X