Grok avatar, which way is he jumping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grok avatar, which way is he jumping?

Sorry if this has been addressed before but, which way do you see the Grok avatar jumping? Does he have his spear in his left hand and jumping towards you? Or does he have it in his right hand and he is jumping away from you? I can see it both ways and wondered what others were seeing.

Left hand and towards you.. definitely!

Comment

Oh wow, I never considered the alternative, but it would be a little weird because he's facing away from you. haha

Comment

Uh, isn't he jumping from right to left?....
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

He's definitely jumping from right to left.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Grok is right-handed like "normal" people.

Comment

Spear in left hand. Maybe I see it that way because I'm left-handed.

Comment

Oh wait I just got the question. Umm yeah I guess you could see it as him facing you or facing away from you but I think it's clear that he's jumping from right to left either way.

FUN THREAD ADD-ON... TAKE PICS OF YOURSELF DOING THE LEAP BOTH WAYS. Spear holding is optional.
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                  Spear in left hand. Maybe I see it that way because I'm left-handed.
                  I see it that way and I'm right-handed.
                  Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                  -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Whoah. I never considered it to be anything other than spear-in-right-hand-jumping-to-the-left. Interesting to see the other point of view!

From a marketing point of view, though, it really should be reversed. Since we read from left to right it's slightly subconsciously more "positive" and "forward thinking" to have logos "point" to the right.
                    carl's cave

Comment

It appears that the hand holding the spear has the fingers away from us. If he were holding the spear in his right hand, you should be able to see his fingers. If he his holding the spear in the left hand, you should see the back of his hand.
                      Last edited by Grok; 12-02-2010, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                        From a marketing point of view, though, it really should be reversed. Since we read from left to right it's slightly subconsciously more "positive" and "forward thinking" to have logos "point" to the right.
                        Maybe, but:
                        1) we are harkening back to the past, symbolically.
                        2) my old art teachers would call this a better composition since you do tend to read over mages from left to right, and the spear draw your eye back across th logo again, keeping you on it.
                        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                          1) we are harkening back to the past, symbolically.
                          I thought about that, actually, and I totally agree it's a fine justification
                          carl's cave

Comment

Spear in right hand. Still find it a bit hard to see it the other way around.
                            Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                            Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

This may help...but I still totally think he's leaping to the left, spear in right hand.

carl's cave

Comment

Working...
                              X