Ah, the trials of Primal living

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, the trials of Primal living

Buy organic beef stock bones from butcher.
    Roast bones. So far, so (very) good.

Discover ribs are too long to fit in stock pot.
    No, they have not been rendered noticeably fragile by cooking. Evidently organically reared cattle are not osteoporotic.

Interesting and prolonged workout ensues on the kitchen floor with beef ribs, a bread knife and a hammer.

OK, the bones are in the pot, and I'm knackered. I also have a newfound appreciation for bone as tool-making material.

that's a riot! it takes pretty high temps to make them that brittle, actually.

i hope the stock is excellent!

Comment

Love it! If you shovel-gloved, you could have gone that bone-fixin' route.
      Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
      ~Borges

Comment

I *was* having a bad day till reading your post and picturing the scene. Thanks! Hope the stock rocks! :-)
        "I don't want to die without any scars."
        Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...33991-sharonss

Comment

Always glad to provide a little innocent amusement...

Comment

If you ended up not being able to break them you could always use them as cudgels to kill something that would fit in the pot.
            carl's cave

Comment

Or take the easy way out and buy a bigger pot LOLOL

Comment

better yet invest in a good clever knife.
                ~*Lori*~
                my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                CW 192

Comment

Originally posted by lolov View Post
                  Or take the easy way out and buy a bigger pot LOLOL
                  Now, why don't sellers give their pots bone-size ratings? "Large size, suitable for beef ribs. Medium, suitable for venison."
                  Originally posted by momofredheads View Post
                  better yet invest in a good clever knife.
                  (*Long pause, scratching head*)

You mean a cleaver, don't you?

Comment

Love it! Made me laugh out loud - which is an achievement, given the cold snowy weather we've got here in the UK!

Comment

Too funny!

And Breadsauce, please be not so silly with your cold weather. When you have to plug your car in so it will start when you are leaving work, then you can complain about the cold...lol :P
                      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Excuse me, that's a great British tradition you're criticising! As soon as temperatures reach freezing and/or we have an inch of snow, we expect - nay, demand - headlines about Arctic Chaos. Then the councils run out of gritting salt, and then come the articles about how other countries manage perfectly well, and we get to complain about our national inadequacy at the same time as complaining about the weather. This is pretty much the peak of ecstasy, especially if we can do it while waiting in a queue.

Comment

we get to complain about our national inadequacy at the same time as complaining about the weather. This is pretty much the peak of ecstasy, especially if we can do it while waiting in a queue
                          brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                            OK, the bones are in the pot, and I'm knackered.
                            Knackered... heheh... was that pun intentional? Gotta ask!
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                              Knackered... heheh... was that pun intentional? Gotta ask!
                              Sorry, no. Should have been, of course.

Come to think of it, that stock's probably had more than its 24 hours by now. Time to strain it & boil it down a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X