Back from Saint Louis..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Saint Louis..

We had a great time and I really enjoyed my first Thanksgiving! Unfortunately I went a little crazy on CW food while I was there. I picked up a bad cold (first one in years) I'm sure I wouldn't have got it if I hadn't been eating all that bad stuff. Back to low carbing today for me!

I was in the STL for Turkey day too. My trip wasn't quite as far yours was though. Glad you enjoyed it and I did the same thing eating tons of junk.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

I did some consulting work out there for a couple of years. Did you go up in the arch?

Comment

Not this time but I've been up it before. It's a great city!

Comment

Do you visit the states often? (you live in the UK according to your location..) St. Louis... yum, did your family or friends have like... real southern stuff?

I STILL want to have true southern grits (ground up corn, from what I understand, cooked in bacon grease and other greasy goodness) one of these days. I'll gladly take that food coma. I won't eat them until I go down south though.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Yes we visit STL a couple of times a year as my husband is originally from there. :-)

I actually had grits for breakfast one morning, but I didn't really like them. It tasted kind of like porridge. I got them in cracker barrel restaurant.

I LOVED the fried pickles with ranch dressing that we got from Buffalo wild wings. A Primal recipe would be appreciated if anyone has one. :-) Same with the biscuits and sausage gravy. YUM.

Comment

Working...
            X