Frequent urination when starting back on primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent urination when starting back on primal

It's been a few months since I've visited this forum due to the fact I fell off the wagon a little bit . Fortunately I didn't gain too much but I am very dissappointed with myself due to my recent failure. I am now back but have noticed that I have been urinating more frequently. Is that due to loss of water weight? Thanks!
    Insert whitty diet remark here!

Its water....the first week I lost 8lbs....could only have been water. I was waking up in middle of the night to go.

Comment

Thanks! That's what I figured it to be.

Comment

Higher protein diets are diuretic, and with the reversal of inflammation, you will definitely be running to the head a lot more. It will help you flush out all the nasties.
        Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Thank you! Now with this diet, I've always seemed to have a problem with the other end of the bathroom. I could go up to a week without going. Any advice to keeping that regular. I try to eat fibers, such as greens to help. But there are times that doesn't.

Comment

Water and some blackberries/pears....etc...

Comment

Stick with primal for the long haul, and gut stuff will re-balance. Took me 3 months. Everything is fine now.

In the meantime:
              1) Magnesium supplement
              2) Plenty of fat (coconut oil apparently lubricates some people particularly well, though that didn't work for me)
              3) Maybe a probiotic of some sort
              4) Consider the possibility of dairy being constipating.

And let go of the CW that you MUST go once a day. As long as it's easy when you do go and you're not uncomfortable in between, it's fine even if you only poop once a week. Or poop 5 times a day.
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Thanks. I was eat plenty of fat. Use coconut oil to cook and also use coconut milk for protein shakes.

Comment

Keep the vegies going. They have enough fibre to keep you regular. Just curious but why the protein shakes?

Comment

Potassium and magnesium tend to help keeping you regular, provided you get enough fat. Avocados, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, are all good. When I went primal, it took my innards a couple of weeks to adjust to the different diet before things normalized.

Comment

I'm on the go alot so I just like having the protein shakes around for my pre or post workout supplement. I just enjoy them so I can't let them go

Comment

When I first went on primal in July, I had to urinate quite a lot. Never quite knew why, but it's been back to normal for quite a while now.

For constipation, pomegranate juice or coconut milk seem to work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                        X