Dreams more vivid after going primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams more vivid after going primal?

I noticed that in the first few weeks of my switch from vegan to primal (I've just finished my first month) that my dreams seemed more...vivid? Intense? Or at least I seemed to remember them more upon awakening. A friend who is eating "more primal" the last couple of weeks (I told her she'd lose weight the more she did it) reported the same thing to me--that her dreams seemed more vivid.

Anyone else have this experience? Has anyone ever offered an explanation?
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Yep, common occurrence. No explanation's ever been offered to my knowledge. My personal theory is now that we are giving our brains it's preferred fuel, it's able to take care of more stuff while we sleep.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

I've always been able to remember my dreams often, but when starting grain- and sugar-free I had really vivid and *disturbing* dreams, and would always remember them. I haven't noticed dreams as much lately though.

Comment

I noticed that in the first few weeks of my switch from vegan to primal
        +1
        ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Definitely. I used to do a lot of dreamwork and lucid dreaming, so I pay lots of attentions to my dreams. The first 10 days or so of going Primal, I had some really nasty, brutal, violent dreams--not matching anything going on in my life, for sure! This past week, they have toned down in intensity--and while still vivid and almost lucid, the content is happier. A kind of energetic detox to match the body detox?
          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Same for me. My dreams were INTENSE for about the first three week of Primal (switched from vegetarian). Now, about five weeks in, I don't even recall them anymore.
            ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

Interesting. My partner is a vegetarian can never remember if she had a dream or not.

I am a big meat eater and can always remember my dreams and have great difficulty waking up from my dreams. I hit snooze a lot just to extend my dreams.

Comment

After four months my dreams are still very intense. I figure I'm sleeping more soundly.
                Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

yes my dreams were intense and often at the beginning too. Not so bad now but ocassionally I have some pretty full on dreams that I remember clearly.

Comment

I just posted about this on my site, but yes my dreams have become a lot more intense. My theory is that, as we are thought to have evolved the ability to dream so we could rehears dangerous scenarios in the safety of our minds, by eating paleo we may be somehow reactivating this primal portion of our brain. (this is based on no empircal evidence btw :P)
                    - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
                    IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

Absolutely. I could NEVER remember my dreams prior to going Primal. Now my dreams are vivid, real & can remember most of my dreams now.

See this link for many more AMAZING side effects from going Primal:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...little-bonuses

Grizz

Comment

I notice this effect more when i don't jerk off for a while, or when i go to bed with an empty stomach.

Comment

My sleep and dreams have improved with primal and even further with magnesium and zinc supplements.
                          Start weight 403 09/29/2010
                          Current weight 335
                          On my way to becoming half the man I used to be...

Comment

I think my dreams are more vivid too recently. Which is not great if you have a zombie apocalypse nightmare from watching too much Walking Dead.
                            carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                              I think my dreams are more vivid too recently. Which is not great if you have a zombie apocalypse nightmare from watching too much Walking Dead.
                              haha at least you will be prepared when the zombie apocalypse finally comes!
                              - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
                              IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

Working...
                              X