Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal friendly hair gel/wax?

Hi all,

I've been poo-less and free of chemical cleansers for ages now, my dandruff has disappeared, my hair is no longer frizzy as hell when long, and my skin feels great.

What I would like to know though is if anyone knows of a primal friendly way to wax or gel short, but thick and heavy hair? Even in pre-primal days I could never find a chemical gel or wax that didn't disappoint after an hour or so, and 2 weeks after getting my hair cut nothing would work at all. I don't want this to be part of my 20% I have a few ideas but haven't tried anything yet.

Cheers for any input.

Steve

I found a recipe for natural hair gel. it just seems to be gelatin. I haven't tried it so have no idea what the outcome would be.

http://www.longlocks.com/hair-care-r...kbook.htm#fix1

Comment

I've made a flaxseed hair gel that works really well. Here's a link to the recipe & method I used. Don't be put off by the long explanation - it's quick & simple to make. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ad.php?t=61208

(p.s. ~ this gel works great even if your hair isn't "curly" per se.)

Comment

Aloe vera gel works pretty good

Comment

-insert a There's Something About Mary reference here-

Comment

Damn man, was coming in here to post this... oh well, I will anyway.

Comment

LOL you guys. I came in here (*snickers*) to see if anyone mentioned that.

Comment

i'm poo-less too and always found that the natural oils would cooperate reasonably, especially with a dousing of water first

Comment

Originally posted by jimpag View Post
                  Aloe vera gel works pretty good
                  This is less funny but more true
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                  X