is something wrong with sign in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is something wrong with sign in?

Its taken me ages to figure out that for some reason the 'user name' prompt stays in the field (but somewhere hidden on the right) so you have to keep pressing delete and backspace to clear the field entirely before trying to sign in. Is this my imagination? Is it my computer being weird?

Yes something is wrong. I emailed to get my password changed three times because I thought I was entering it wrong. I finally tried every possible combination of deletes and backspaces to totally clear the Username field. There is some wierd programming thing that causes the cursor to land in the middle of the field, rather than the far left. I wonder if it is a Mac vs PC thing. I have a Mac that I was trying it on. I may try tomorrow on a different computer, a PC, and see if it does the same thing.

Comment

I have to keep clicking the name box until it highlights and allows me to type so that my name appears to the left of the field and not the middle or the right side.
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

phew - thought it was just me. though clearly everyone is eventually figuring it out!

Comment

Thank you for posting this. I haven't been able to sign in all weekend.
          ~Blog~

Comment

Same for me - I think it happened when they changed the header to the new one that is up now. I have to triple-click the box so it highlights the whole thing, backspace, and then enter my username. I also had my password changed twice! Ha! Glad we are figuring this out. I was so sad being unable to log into the forums for a day...!
            ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post
              Yes something is wrong. I emailed to get my password changed three times because I thought I was entering it wrong. I finally tried every possible combination of deletes and backspaces to totally clear the Username field. There is some wierd programming thing that causes the cursor to land in the middle of the field, rather than the far left. I wonder if it is a Mac vs PC thing. I have a Mac that I was trying it on. I may try tomorrow on a different computer, a PC, and see if it does the same thing.

Jeff - glad to see there's someone else enlightened here! I read this, and then tried using 4 different browsers (Safari, Opera, Firefox and Chrome under Snow Leopard 6.4) and the same browsers under XP (installed using Boot Camp). I don't appear to have any problems (for once - usually, if anyone's gonna have probs, it's gonna be me! )
              La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Had the same problem on a PC. After hitting delete and backspace several times it finally logged me in.

Comment

Had this problem with explorer, firefox seems to be okay
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's been messed up for Google Chrome too.

Comment

I have my login information saved in Safari's password manager... I don't have to fuss with login screens hardly ever...
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                        Had this problem with explorer, firefox seems to be okay
                        I use firefox and found that while the username text didn't clear like it usually did I had no trouble selecting and deleting it.
                        A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

its still screwy on PC with explorer ... the only browser allowed out work
                          took 4 out of 5 allowed goes doing random backspace and deleting first before i got in!

Comment

Anyone still having problems with this? I am. I have to have it reset my password if I want to get in.

Comment

Yes there is a problem with log in. (Firefox is OK)

To log in:

1.) Select Username - your cursor could be on the RIGHT or the LEFT side of the box.
                              2.) Press the END key on your keyboard. Now your cursor should be on the RIGHT side of the box.
                              3.) Press and hold the Backspace key until the cursor is on the LEFT side of the box.
                              4.) You will notice that the word "Username" zips by while deleting the extra (about 33) spaces in the box.
                              5.) Log in as usual.
                              Last edited by chima_p; 11-16-2010, 11:54 AM.
                              Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

Working...
                              X