Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For All Who Have Served or Are Serving in the Military

Thank you.
    On a more personal note: Thank you to my grandfathers (one in the Army (now passed from this earth), one in the Navy, one in the Air force), to Guy with Woman Problems, to the father of a childhood best friend for serving our country, to two of my bosses, and to a buddy who joined illegally in HS and didn't come back.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-11-2010, 08:37 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

you're welcomed

and i thank my grandfathers, 1 grandmother, dad, uncles, cousin and friends who were in and serving now.

Hats off!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Seconded. Thank you for everything you do.

Comment

A veteran is someone who, at some point in their life, wrote a blank check to the United States of America in the amount up to, and including, their life. That should not go unrecognized.
        My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
          A veteran is someone who, at some point in their life, wrote a blank check to the United States of America in the amount up to, and including, their life. That should not go unrecognized.
          well last time I checked there were other countries and armies and veterans on the planet too, where people fought and let their lives!
          So instead of making the whole world turn around the US again, let's simply think of everybody giving his time, his convictions, and maybe his life to his country and its ideals, no matter what ideals they are!

Comment

I made no comment that is was for just one country. IIRC, most countries have something like Veteran's Day. This is for ALL that have served, if you'll note the title.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

that's why I included skink531's quote in the reply

Comment

Oops.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

I meant no disrespect for those of other nations in my comment. I guess it is just my nature to remember those closest to me first. I would not discount the sacrifice made by anyone of any country, many of whom served next to us throughout history. I am glad to know that those other nations have similar such holidays. This being the american holiday my first thought was to the americans who sometimes get short changed by their fellow citizens.

Again, no disrespect intended.
                  My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

It's called Remembrance Day in Canada.

And THANK YOU to all who served. Where ever you are.
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Yes. Thank you. Very much.

Comment

My Grandfather fought in WW2 and liberated one of the concentration camps, my dad is a vet too serving with the Army and police force here in Northern Ireland, and my husband did two tours in Iraq in the U.S Marine Corps. Thanks to everyone who has served or is serving!

Comment

You're welcome

I too have others to thank, my brothers Jim and Conor, my cousins Danny and Brian. My various uncles and both of my grandfathers. My Aunt Val and her husband James. And the multitude of friends I have met in my 17 year journey. And, although he has never worn the uniform of an armed service, my husband who is a hero in my eyes because he makes it possible for me to do my job without worry about my children and their well being.
                          Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Working...
                          X