Wolf Apes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Apes

I just finishing reading this article on the co-evolution of humans and canines. I enjoyed it and thought some of you fellow dog lovers might like it too. It examines how humans and canines evolved together. Somewhere along the line we started acting more like wolves than apes. Its a little long but worth the time. I think it is a good explanation of how we became omnivores.

https://www.uwsp.edu/psych/s/275/Sci...volution03.pdf
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Neat article. Although, I wish that modern humans had more respect for wild wolf populations.

Comment

Good article. Nice discussion of relationship of Neanderthals and wolves. Neanderthals were not clumsy brutes though. Also other threads along this line had some speculation that Neanderthals used the small hollow bones of birds as dog whistles to control wolves on a hunt. Fantastic! Can you believe it?

I enjoy the words of the philosopher----

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
      Inside of a dog, it is a flashlight."

Groucho Marx.
      Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

I wish that modern humans had more respect for wild wolf populations.
        +1

Wolves and dogs have taught us so much it is a shame humans don't respect them enough. We probably wouldn't have made it though the ice age without them.

My Blog.

Comment

I'll give this a read a little later as I'm now super attached to my gf's dog, I don't have one of my own but they're very neat animals.

However, every time I see an owner walking with a bag of poop it makes me wonder if we domesticated dogs or the other way around. Gladly her dog poops in the backyard.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

makes me wonder if we domesticated dogs or the other way around
            Interestingly that is one of the points of the article. It reminded me a lot of idea of that instead of humans domesticating plants. We are really servants of the plants by cultivating them. It was an idea in the book, "The Vegetarian Myth"

My Blog.

Comment

Working...
            X